Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Yea, they have been doing weird things on the public site lately, you just have to download the file and see what drivers are in the file.

juliamoore100
    Hmm, ok I have installed the CanonPPD_v2.80.zip driver, and now the print manager says sending job 100%, but after a few minutes nothing ever prints and I get a pop up window that says: Canon PS Printer Driver, Printer not responding. Check the printer power connection, and then try sending printing job again. The print que is then paused, and if I click resume, it says: Operation could not be completed. client-error-not-possible.

But the printer is on and I can print from any other computer in the office.

When I add the printer should I use LPD or IPP?
    Should I use the printer's IP address or Gateway address?
    There are 2 drivers to select from: iR C5180 or iR C5180 PS (SP)?

Thank you for helping me

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Open the Print Center, hold down the 'ALT' button, and click Add Printer. (This should open the advanced printer properties).
    This will allow you to manually change the port settings and browse to the PPD. If you are using LPR (which byte counting will hang up print jobs) try switching to raw port 9100. To change the port from LPR to socket:

socket://192.168.0.xxx:9100.(use your ip address though)

The other thing you can try is uninstalling PS on the mac and reinstalling it. All printers use the same PS driver just the PPD is model specific. If you did the PS install on the Canon disc and say you had PS ver 2.0 on your mac and just installed PS ver 1.5 over it, it will screw up every printer on the Mac. Most of the time you just need to copy the PPD off the disc into the library and not install PS unless you know you are installing a newer version of PS.

Edit: I just saw you got it fix'd. Ignore my senseless ramblings
    Last edited by D_L_P; 10-27-2009 at 05:53 PM.

juliamoore100
    I think I misunderstood this - I just now installed UFRII_v2.00_MacOSX.zip and added the printer and it works (when selecting the iR C5180 driver from the list). THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juliamoore100 View Post
    I think I misunderstood this - I just now installed UFRII_v2.00_MacOSX.zip and added the printer and it works (when selecting the iR C5180 driver from the list). THANKS SO MUCH!!!
    I guess you have a UFRII printer kit. Glad to hear your problem was solved.