Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Technician aoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Try This
    Enter Service mode, and perform a Nozzle check B
    (This will print off a test print and show you the state of the nozzle)
    IF there is any missing, then YES the head has gone, and needs replacing

    Thanks I thought i tried that but have to go in for supplies so will try again. Thanks for the input.


  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Forest City, NC
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Frustrated with this printer

    I happened across this thread after trying to figure out what was wrong with my iPF610. It sounds like lots of people have had this problem.

    How very frustrating! I was about to buy another brand of printer that I'd had in the past. It gave me 6 years of absolutely uninterrupted service, but the salesman bragged about the quality of the 610. Within the first three months the "clean printhead" warning came up, and for a while, the cleanings helped. Man--does it use the ink, though. Since that cured it, I just kept doing the printhead cleanings and never did anything when it seemed to stop working (I had to hit "online" for every page). However, the prints looked just fine.

    Fast forward a year. My prints started getting horribly banded, so I called Canon again. Despite the fact I called previously, they said my printer was now out of warranty and I would have to buy a new printhead. I have *maybe* printed 300 to 400 24x36 pages on this printer (based on the # of rolls of paper I've been through--all black and white engineering line drawings with some color graphics--cover page and company logo)--I use it very little due to having to stand and hit "online" with every page--so it's costing me over $1 PER PAGE just due to the printhead!

    My question is this... should I just sell the printer now instead of investing another $500 in it? It's inconceivable to me that a printer used so little should have a bad printhead, regardless of age (since it supposedly self-cleans when idling. Yes--my printer stays on 24/7 so it can do its maintenance). If this is common, I just don't know if I can afford this printer.


  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0
    It's unfortunate that you need a new print head, but I still think these are great units. The cost per print is 75% less that most comperable machines, the speed is great and the quality is great (Baring the printhead problem). I would try the Canon suppoort line again. Another agent may send you a print head if you reference the common failure of the machine (800-423-2366). In the future run some color prints just to keep the ink from drying out in the print head. That seems to be the biggest reason for the failure of the heads. Also, if you do buy a new print head, try this with the old unit. Soak the head in hot water for a couple hours in an effort to get the dryed ink out of the head, then let it sit for a day to dry the electronics out. It may repair the old printhead, but its only theory. I've heard of this in older inkjet printers, but have never tried it before.

    Good luck


  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0
    One more thing, on the Canon site under downloads there is a small program and firmware update for most of these printers. It does have adjustments to the system for this problem. I suggest downloading and uprgading the firmware. It's an easy and automated program that will find your printer on your network and do the update.


  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    bandung
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Canon IPF610 print head cleaning message

    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Try This
    Enter Service mode, and perform a Nozzle check B
    (This will print off a test print and show you the state of the nozzle)
    IF there is any missing, then YES the head has gone, and needs replacing
    how to enter service mode??


  6. #16
    Service Manager 250+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Canon IPF610 print head cleaning message

    Hello for all

    after reading all your posts ,i agree the most of you about Canon IPF ,i noticed that Canon didnt count it well in plotters ,if we made compersion between Canon and HP plotters we will notice that HP is more cheaper than Canon in ink,printhead all there spare parts dont know why,i know in the Quality there's no challenger but not mean everything not all clients like to pay much ,so canon from my opinion didnt success on Plotters .

    back to the post i also agree some of the posters
    1: try to up date the print head
    2ut it in hot water
    3:try to remove the head and put it back and then make cleaning


    regards

    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    bandung
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy Re: Canon IPF610 print head cleaning message

    about enter service mode
    , how to enter service mode please????
    Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    Hello for all

    after reading all your posts ,i agree the most of you about Canon IPF ,i noticed that Canon didnt count it well in plotters ,if we made compersion between Canon and HP plotters we will notice that HP is more cheaper than Canon in ink,printhead all there spare parts dont know why,i know in the Quality there's no challenger but not mean everything not all clients like to pay much ,so canon from my opinion didnt success on Plotters .

    back to the post i also agree some of the posters
    1: try to up date the print head
    2ut it in hot water
    3:try to remove the head and put it back and then make cleaning


    regards



  8. #18
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts


    charm5496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Canon IPF610 print head cleaning message

    WARNING!!! If you change anything while in this mode you could screw up your printer royally! Use at your own risk.
    How to enter Service Mode:


    1.Turn off the printer
    2.For the next step, follow the directions for your printer
    •For iPFX00 printers: Turn the printer on while holding down the Feeder Selection and Information buttons until you see "Initializing" on printer LCD
    •For iPFX100 printers: Turn the printer on while holding down the Feeder Selection and Information buttons until you see "Starting Up" on printer LCD
    •For iPFX300 printers: Turn the printer on while holding the Navigate and Load buttons
    1."S" is displayed in the upper right corner of the LCD display (middle right side for iPFX300 printers)
    2.Message light will continue flashing while in service mode

    How to exit Service Mode:


    1.Turn off the printer


    Accessing Service Mode on Printer LCD after entering Service Mode above: (all arrow buttons below refer to printer control panel)


    1.Press Menu button
    2.Press Right Arrow until you see "SERVICE MODE"
    3.Press Down Arrow

    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    bandung
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Canon IPF610 print head cleaning message

    enter service mode ploter canon ipf 650 how ,please ???
    Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    WARNING!!! If you change anything while in this mode you could screw up your printer royally! Use at your own risk.
    How to enter Service Mode:


    1.Turn off the printer
    2.For the next step, follow the directions for your printer
    •For iPFX00 printers: Turn the printer on while holding down the Feeder Selection and Information buttons until you see "Initializing" on printer LCD
    •For iPFX100 printers: Turn the printer on while holding down the Feeder Selection and Information buttons until you see "Starting Up" on printer LCD
    •For iPFX300 printers: Turn the printer on while holding the Navigate and Load buttons
    1."S" is displayed in the upper right corner of the LCD display (middle right side for iPFX300 printers)
    2.Message light will continue flashing while in service mode

    How to exit Service Mode:


    1.Turn off the printer


    Accessing Service Mode on Printer LCD after entering Service Mode above: (all arrow buttons below refer to printer control panel)


    1.Press Menu button
    2.Press Right Arrow until you see "SERVICE MODE"
    3.Press Down Arrow



  10. #20
    Technician
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    2

    Cool Re: Canon IPF610 print head cleaning message

    Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    enter service mode ploter canon ipf 650 how ,please ???

    Hi all ,
    Have the same problem.

    Read this

    Printhead in Canon IPF605 problem and firmware 1.01

    Im affraid canon is cheap by not good quality printer - they been making the photo camera and shall stay where they were

    HP printer has seperate printhead for each type of coror, what means , if you have a problem with one, like me , the cost is so big as for printhead replacement in Canon - in Hp cost 40 pound more or less , In canon 300 pounds, you need to replace whole printhead even if one color has a nozzle problem as me

    Still looking for a solution to cancel this message from my printer and carry on with printing - even if the quality is not so brillaint - sometimes we do brief printing where quality is not so important


    Ragards


    John


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here