Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Exclamation iRC4580 with ImagePASS H1

Dear All,

I need seek your all expertise on this model. Currently, I'm encountered an issue is about Intermittent failed to print. Some file like ppt, pdf, jpeg format.

When i check Server via CWS 4.7.x and saw an error message " Error: DLC error Flag set,abort page. " . When i sent the file, machine got blink 2-3 times and disappear by self. Sometime, it totally not blinking at all.

I tried to re-format the H1 system to ver 2.0 twice and apply some patch files but the problem still occur.

Any ideas on it? Customer print the same file to FujiXerox no problem at all.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Change the ethernet cable and inspect the plugs for damage, 1st thing I'd try. Corrupt data or just dropping could be caused by a bad cable.

2nd, Disconnect the cable from the Fiery and ping it's ip address. You should not get a reply. Common symptom of duplicate ip's is intermittent failed prints.

3rd, have them totally uninstall the print driver and add it again making sure it's the correct and current driver from Canon's website. (similar to tech support won't even talk to you most times unless you have the latest firmware) This fixes a ton of problems.

If those don't work then I'd start gathering more info and try isolating the problem. Take the print server (if they are using one) out of the equation, see if it's only vista workstations, see how the Xerox driver port and spool settings are.

Quote Originally Posted by jacky View Post
    Dear All,

I need seek your all expertise on this model. Currently, I'm encountered an issue is about Intermittent failed to print. Some file like ppt, pdf, jpeg format.

When i check Server via CWS 4.7.x and saw an error message " Error: DLC error Flag set,abort page. " . When i sent the file, machine got blink 2-3 times and disappear by self. Sometime, it totally not blinking at all.

I tried to re-format the H1 system to ver 2.0 twice and apply some patch files but the problem still occur.

Any ideas on it? Customer print the same file to FujiXerox no problem at all.
    Check memory or maybe there is a print code within those files that the fiery can't process.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Exclamation

Dear All,

I had changed a new SATA HDD and still same. The memory is 256MB. Sometime the file able to print but sometime no.

Error: DLC error Flag set,abort page. "
    I googled this and it sounds like a network issue, DLC= data link control.
    If it blinks then stops or doesn't blink at all it's probably not communicating very well.
    Go to dos prompt. Type: ping -t -l 500 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Watch it for a minute or two. CTRL+C to quit. Does it drop any packets? TTL should be 250 or less, time should be 150 or less.

Did you try changing the network cable?

Is it just one or two specific files having the issue?

Some things to try. Right click printer>properties>advanced. Set start printing after last page is spooled.
    General tab>printing preferences>quality tab>details. Set it to not use printer fonts and download as bit image.
    Delete any .sho files in the C:\windows\system32\spool\printer

Dear All,

I had changed a new SATA HDD and still same. The memory is 256MB. Sometime the file able to print but sometime no.
    Whats the size of the file. Have you try clearing MMI?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar
    why not try cws 5?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    the file size some is just 50kb, 2.1mb, 21mb.

Do CWS 5 will help it as all user is print via server. I had tried print direct from my laptop, the result also same.

Thumbs up

I had tried print direct from my laptop, the result also same.
    Good to know, it narrows it down some. Is is consistently the same 3 files?
    I'd replace the memory in the H1.
    Can you tell if it happens only when the Fiery is processing or is it when the Fiery is communicating with the copier?
    Try flashing the system software on the copier, inspect or replace the cable from the fiery to copier.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Good to know, it narrows it down some. Is is consistently the same 3 files?
    I'd replace the memory in the H1.
    Can you tell if it happens only when the Fiery is processing or is it when the Fiery is communicating with the copier?
    Try flashing the system software on the copier, inspect or replace the cable from the fiery to copier.

it happen when fiery server connect to copier. i already tried to reinstall 2-3 times system software and change the fiery HDD once.

Do u all think is it possible caused by main cont or machine system version? machine system is 89.xx or fiery is ver 2.0