Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    fish
    Cool!, Thanks, How does one find the copiers credentials?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon  IR C3200 Scan setup manual

what about getting your MAC print drivers first/ what model are you talking about/ do u have an IT person ???
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Fish- To get the credentias there are 2 ways. Look up the user/pass on you active directory server, or export the address book to a file and get it from there.

To export address book to file: Open web browser and type in copiers IP address. Click on Additional Functions -> Import/Export -> Address Book -> Export. Assuming the working entries are in book 01, leave it at Custom Format and click Start Export. Save the file and open it with Notepad, Or Firefox will work too. There you should see the user name and pwd the copier is using to get into the shared folders. I've never tried it but I suppose you could add entries following the format to the file then import it.

To add from copier, Additional Functions-> Address Book Settings-> Register new address-> Add new entry. Browse with SMB, or manual entry. Host can be PC's name or IP (\\192.168.0.xxx), path is just \share. But it is much easier adding new entries with the RUI.

Alan- http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/at...mac_10.6.2.pdf This was just recently posted in the connectivity forum.

fish
    Thanks for all the help. Setting up on the machine end was easy. I started digging around and they had the others setup for windows SMB and I followed suit with this one. The interesting part came when setting up the shared folder. This is a windows 7 pc and it took some digging to find the setting that finally let it work. The big breakthru was in the Network Sharing Center. After you do your standard share, There are settings in the both under network, and public that need to be addressed.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

thinkingcapwhoa..JPG

the mind is a wonderful tool ~~~~
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Thanks for all the help. Setting up on the machine end was easy. I started digging around and they had the others setup for windows SMB and I followed suit with this one. The interesting part came when setting up the shared folder. This is a windows 7 pc and it took some digging to find the setting that finally let it work. The big breakthru was in the Network Sharing Center. After you do your standard share, There are settings in the both under network, and public that need to be addressed.
    Sorry I couldn't assist in helping you out. There some fine techs that gave you some good directions however.
    If your setting more folders for the send option, the best and easiest way is to set up the shared folder on the workstations and browse out from the machine.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Alan Aya
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Fish- To get the credentias there are 2 ways. Look up the user/pass on you active directory server, or export the address book to a file and get it from there.

To export address book to file: Open web browser and type in copiers IP address. Click on Additional Functions -> Import/Export -> Address Book -> Export. Assuming the working entries are in book 01, leave it at Custom Format and click Start Export. Save the file and open it with Notepad, Or Firefox will work too. There you should see the user name and pwd the copier is using to get into the shared folders. I've never tried it but I suppose you could add entries following the format to the file then import it.

To add from copier, Additional Functions-> Address Book Settings-> Register new address-> Add new entry. Browse with SMB, or manual entry. Host can be PC's name or IP (\\192.168.0.xxx), path is just \share. But it is much easier adding new entries with the RUI.

Alan- http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/at...mac_10.6.2.pdf This was just recently posted in the connectivity forum.
    D_L_P, thanks for the link, the pdf is very helpful and thanks to Stirton. M for posting the pdf. As i mention earlier, this is the first time i come across MAC computer so i think the pdf is going to help me a lot.
    Thanks again guys.

Alan Aya
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    what about getting your MAC print drivers first/ what model are you talking about/ do u have an IT person ???
    Oh ya, manage to get the MAC printer driver for iR2270 from the Canon USA site, and with a little help form the customer himself, The iR2270 prints fine. Only the SEND portion is giving me problem.
    BTW where can i download the fax driver (iR2270) for MAC? Have tried the Canon USA site, couldn't find.

Thanks

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Here are some links for a MAC fax driver:

Mac Fax v1.60

MAc Fax v1.62

Note that this driver is not supported on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Alan Aya
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Here are some links for a MAC fax driver:

Mac Fax v1.60

MAc Fax v1.62

Note that this driver is not supported on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
    Hi D_L_P, thanks for the Fax Driver link, it has been a great help to me. Do you mean that these 2 drivers are different? i did manage to download the MAC Fax v1.60 from Canon Europe site yesterday morning and tried to install it but without success. Do we need to find out what OS the customer is currently using to decide which to use? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks again for your help.
    Alan Aya