Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

iR105+ Registration

I know I'm gonna come across like a dummy...but here goes:
    I have 4 iR105+ at the moment and the back to back registration is way off on all of them.
    Both Horizontal AND left to right.
    They all have Large paper decks and I've tried making the adjustments to the registration plate that is mounted on the Deck itself.
    I also tried adjusting ADJ-REFE under COPIER/ADJUST/FEED-ADJ with some slight improvement to the horizontal rego...but the side to side is still off by 5mm-10mm across all 4 machines.
    What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    I know I'm gonna come across like a dummy...but here goes:
    I have 4 iR105+ at the moment and the back to back registration is way off on all of them.
    Both Horizontal AND left to right.
    They all have Large paper decks and I've tried making the adjustments to the registration plate that is mounted on the Deck itself.
    I also tried adjusting ADJ-REFE under COPIER/ADJUST/FEED-ADJ with some slight improvement to the horizontal rego...but the side to side is still off by 5mm-10mm across all 4 machines.
    What am I missing here?
    First, your not a dummy we all have our times..
    Is the problem only from the paper deck. What about test pages; how do they look?

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    This is my small notes for margins

ADF - go to Adjust -> y_df
    Top and Bottom - Adjust -> Laser -> laser_offset
    Left and Right - Adjust -> Feed_adj -> Reg
    Duplex Margin - Adjust -> Feed_adj -> reg_refe

I always change the values up to -45

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Before making adjustments be sure you know where it is off from. Try doing 2 sided from the glass so you can eliminate the feeder as the issue. Then make sure the lead to trail lines up with the original. Once you have the front side dead on it is time to worry about getting that second side correct(that's the tough part). I remember when the 600 came out and I had a print shop with a compaint of the second side not lining up.... damn that was a tough one every adjustment I got in put something else out. I think they've improved the adjustments since then but what a headache . Also as screwtape said try other paper sources to be sure it isn't the side deck. You may have already thought of this, but make sure the registration bushings are securely in place. Not the ones the roller ride in but the ones the reg assembly pivots up and down in. If they pop out they can cause varying registration.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    First, your not a dummy we all have our times..
    Is the problem only from the paper deck. What about test pages; how do they look?
    The customer is a large printery(University) and they only print from the large paper decks.
    I've been using PG1 set for two sided to test the machines.
    Everything I've found on Canon's Tech base concerning parts replacement seems very hit and miss.
    I DO know that when the upper plate in the rego assy is bent or deformed it can cause wandering registration but they all seem to be as they should...and if I have to remove a fixing feed assy I'm always very careful not to put my right hand anywhere near the rego assy because i know the crap that can cause.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I have a 7105 that the customer wants the 2 sided registration to be perfect. He has numbers on the bottom of each page and wants to hold it up to the light and have them be smack on. Even worse is when he has a 2 sided form and holds it up to the light. I have a LTR size test chart which helps and I use just for this account. My boss more A4 size charts then he knows what to do with.
    I do what nivssluck posted. I get the 1st side adjusted from all the trays, then play with that ADJ-REFE for the 2nd. Eventually I can get it dead on but I have to adjust that REFE in small increments. I usually spend about an hour just making adjustments But then it does go back out of wack every 4-5 months or so.
    I'd be interested if anyone knows of a more permanemt fix.

Yeah that's my gripe too DLP...I have four of these in the one room and they're all out.
    So that's an hour for each one just to get it right.
    Canon says that after 10 million you'll start having nightmares with back to back registration....these machine all have 13 million on the clock.
    So far so good..after I stayed late to make the adjustments last night I haven't been contacted by the customer today...and I'm an onsite technician so all they have to do is come knock on the workshop door lol.

Hey Oze is there a way you can attach a file?

Yeah Screwy...see that little Paper Clip next to the Smiley face in your main post window?
    Make sure you select "Post Reply" and not "Quick reply".
    As it transpires I ended up getting the rego bang on the money.
    I was doing everything i was taught as a tech...PG1 test prints...A4 Test chart etc etc trying to nail the rego.
    I wound up asking them to run a job and I adjusted the rego to suit the job....dodgy I know...but the customer is happy

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Yeah Screwy...see that little Paper Clip next to the Smiley face in your main post window?
    Come on I'm aware of this Ozey.. I was asking if you can attach a scanned file of the image fault you was having.

Gald you resolved it!