Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts lightningjeremy's Avatar

ir 5570 curled paper

i have a 5570 in the field with about 600k on the meter. here recently it has been curling the paper pretty bad. i have tried turning fuser temp down, which helped a little, but it is still curling. the fuser is in good shape and all else looks well. what am i overlooking? thanx

Quote Originally Posted by lightningjeremy View Post
    i have a 5570 in the field with about 600k on the meter. here recently it has been curling the paper pretty bad. i have tried turning fuser temp down, which helped a little, but it is still curling. the fuser is in good shape and all else looks well. what am i overlooking? thanx
    Maybe its the paper..

the same office has another 5570 with no curling issues running the same paper

the same office has another 5570 with no curling issues running the same paper
    OK!
    When was the last time the fuser unit was rebuilt.
    Is there a finisher attach?

fuser was rebuilt about 50k ago, has a t1 finisher. the curl causes jams at the exit of the finisher intermitantly

Technician 250+ Posts
    Just for grins, try a fresh ream of paper from a sealed package. Some time ago we had a simular issue with a different kind of machine. Turned out the one unit was in the same room, but located closer to a vent which kept it slightly(?) drier. My limited experience leads me to believe all curling issues involve heat and moisture.

I seem to remember an article about the swing guide unit in the finisher causing a similar issue.
    I'm home ill today but I'll try to dig it up for you when I'm back to work.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    You might try fiddling with the TEMP_CNTL setting under OPTIONS, and see if you can get it to run the fuser a little cooler. This would induce less curl. Look in the manual to see what the heat change options might be. I do that for the iR4570 group with good success.

insanehognutt
    those lower roller shafts are bad about wearing if you don't scuff them up before putting the bearings on so it is possible the shafts are worn down on the pressure roller

I use the iR5050 rollers in the 5070's, they work fine and last a whole lot longer

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    fuser was rebuilt about 50k ago, has a t1 finisher. the curl causes jams at the exit of the finisher intermitantly
    That's fairly recent so I think I'd try hognutt's suggestion of the other LFR.
    I don't know about anyone else but the upper fuser assembly goes in hard on all of mine. The toner door is in the way for one and I when i go to put the upper assembly back in it I wiggle it around to make sure its hooked in properly. It seems like it's in but then it kind of clicks in the rest of the way. Nothing is bent or broken as far as I can tell, it just "feels" different from the ir5000's.