Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MIBPreacher View Post
    Just so I have everything straight in my head...

Connect the laptop to the copier with a cross over cable, with the ip address set like you said and will I be connecting to an internal webpage like 172.16.1.100 and from there I can see the software recovery options?
    You will not see software recovery options. Angelntx is leading in the right direction. It is important to know which version SST you are using.
    Make sure firmware is register into the SST. There are one or two more things to do before flashing. But first lets establish these first couple of steps.

Technician
    I will have to check this afternoon when I am back on site. I think I saw that number in the stats page button (i know its not the right name, but it had alot of version numbers and also some counters in it) thats the only button that really works once the error pops up.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    I will have to check this afternoon when I am back on site. I think I saw that number in the stats page button (i know its not the right name, but it had alot of version numbers and also some counters in it) thats the only button that really works once the error pops up.
    I believe you are refering to the counter button. Do you have system software for this copier, and do you have the Service Support Tool that allows you to perform this task? You are definitely going to need to replace the hard drive. I just posted a list in this forum of the hard drives that support these products...

Technician

Smile

unfortunately I do not have the software. I was unable to stop by his office to look at it as I had posted earlier. I also do not have the Service support tool software either. Is this the end of the road for me or can I get these somewhere and download them?

I am at this forums mercy, Christmas is coming, bills have been here and I really could use this.

Thanks to everyone, you are awesome.

Technician
    I took a look at your list and I had some questions.

the copier now supports an 80gb from Western Digital?

I took out a Hitachi 41.1gb 7200rpm drive.

I tried for giggles a seagate 40gb 7200rpm drive.

I tried the 2 and 8 while powering on and it went right to download mode but when I tried just powering it on with the seagate it immediately popped up E602-0002 which I googled as bad hard drive code.

Is it possible if I get a good image off this hard drive and clone it to another it would recognize the seagate? or does he have to get the 80gb.

Is the name of the software Canons Servtools that I am looking for?

I took a look at your list and I had some questions.

the copier now supports an 80gb from Western Digital?

I took out a Hitachi 41.1gb 7200rpm drive.

I tried for giggles a seagate 40gb 7200rpm drive.

I tried the 2 and 8 while powering on and it went right to download mode but when I tried just powering it on with the seagate it immediately popped up E602-0002 which I googled as bad hard drive code.

Is it possible if I get a good image off this hard drive and clone it to another it would recognize the seagate? or does he have to get the 80gb.

Is the name of the software Canons Servtools that I am looking for?
    You need firmware and the service support tool.
    Do you you have any of them?

Technician

Exclamation

I havent been able to locate these (the firmware or the SST). Does anyone have these? If you do please send me an PM with how much you want. I dont have much but I will see what I can do. I really really really appreciate it.

Technician
    I now have SST v4.11 and firmware v16.03

I hope tomorrow to go and format the new drive. I have been going over the SST on my server looking at the options.

Any helpful tips or advice, would add to a great Thanksgiving day.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Rick

Technician
    Hello all and happy black friday lol.

I am at my friends office. I tried upgrading the hitachi that was installed into the IRC5800 but even though the SST said all was transferred and all checksums matched, it still gave the HD code upon reboot.

So I edited the file where it specifies the different hard drives, I found the hitachi in there so I felt pretty confident that this was the right place. I heard you needed to edit the file to add your own model number in it, so I found a seagate entry and the model number was barely off by 2 digits.

I edited it to be ST340215A and saved it.

I put it in the copier, got it into download mode, went over to my computer launched SST, I started it, loaded the system software onto the drive with success notes and checksums all matching. I then finished, powered off the copier unplugged the crossover cable and turned it on and presto I see canon logo and the splash screen.

bummer, about 90% the screen goes black and just sits there. I still here the copier humming. So i tried cycling it, same result. I ran the hd disk check upon boot and it went right across and then into download mode. I will try reflashing it. I need a better manual as the manual I have is for 3.3 and I have 4.11. Any one email that to me? MIBPreacher@gmail.com

Thanks for everyone helping me get this far.

Technician

Done

Thanks to all. I now have finished updating the copier, figured out I needed to add files from the separate firmware file I recieved to the servtool folder. I formated the drive, and got the new os installed. Copier works great and no more errors.

Thanks again, this forum is awesome, as are the longtime members in it.

-Rick