Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Hi again,

Which OSes will you be printing from? Do you have any of the manuals? Keep in mind that copying stuff will be in the C1 manual, and everything print related will be in the Q1 manual.

Don't worry about the password coming into play when the Q1 boots, as it does not need to be logged into to work; everything that it normally does runs as services, so a login isn't necessary under normal use.
    Printing from XP and osX but I was just referring to the communication from Fiery to C1 wondering if it was TCPIP.
    Unfortunately I do not have any of the manuals.
    Thanks for enlightening me about everything running as services.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    No problem.

The C1 can print using either a built-in controller (which you don't have) or the much-better-performing Q1 RIP, which you do have.

There is a service switch on the C1 which dictates which print processor is being used. When set to the "external RIP" position, it locks the IP address at either 10.255.255.1 or .2, I forgot which one. The crossed-over port on the Q1 is locked at whichever address the C1 isn't.

The TCP/IP option (and others) gets grayed out under "Additional Settings" when set for "external"; it becomes available when set to "internal".

If you are REALLY curious, you can put a hub between the two (not a switch) and a notebook (the IP of the notebook wouldn't matter). If you install Wireshark on the notebook, you can the see the conversation between printer and RIP. (Something I've always wanted to do, but just never mustered up the ambition for. )
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    No problem.

There is a service switch on the C1 which dictates which print processor is being used. When set to the "external RIP" position, it locks the IP address at either 10.255.255.1 or .2, I forgot which one. The crossed-over port on the Q1 is locked at whichever address the C1 isn't.

The TCP/IP option (and others) gets grayed out under "Additional Settings" when set for "external"; it becomes available when set to "internal".

)
    I restored the q1 system software and that worked fine.
    I also reset the c1 to original config.

The IP address is 10.255.255.1 as you said, I was curious where this "service switch" is.
    There are two rocker and one slide switches on the side of the c1 below where the fiery conects, any idea what they do and how they should be set?

Everything seems to be communicating fine both ways. If i try to print test file from c1 fiery sees it ok and a file from the fiery is getting processed on c1.
    Any file I try to print says it processes and then says waiting to print then I get an error
    message E000747-8000 and have to restart c1.

Not really a "Service Switch" on the C1 per se, but rather the image controller interface switch on the C1 under "Additional Settings". It is settable from 0-4. I'm not sure which one is for the Q1, but I do know that it's not "0", as that one is for the internal controller. The fact that you can print config pages and such from the Q1 says that this setting is correct.

Sorry, but I don't know what the switches on the C1 are for, nor the meaning of the error code.

Perhaps someone with more C1 / Q1 experience can answer that one.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Re: Canon C1 - Fiery Q1 problems

those switches are for humidity H or Low. I can't get mine to talk to the Q1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    I restored the q1 system software and that worked fine.
    I also reset the c1 to original config.

The IP address is 10.255.255.1 as you said, I was curious where this "service switch" is.
    There are two rocker and one slide switches on the side of the c1 below where the fiery conects, any idea what they do and how they should be set?

Everything seems to be communicating fine both ways. If i try to print test file from c1 fiery sees it ok and a file from the fiery is getting processed on c1.
    Any file I try to print says it processes and then says waiting to print then I get an error
    message E000747-8000 and have to restart c1.

jpacheco@tigregraph.com

Quote Originally Posted by fr2au View Post
    I can send you a copy for free if you can provide a postal address
    Send me a copy of EF1-6163-000, my mailing address is Alayza CARLOS STREET AND ROEL 2030, Lima 14, Lima, Peru

Quote Originally Posted by jpacheco@tigregraph.com View Post
    Send me a copy of EF1-6163-000, my mailing address is Alayza CARLOS STREET AND ROEL 2030, Lima 14, Lima, Peru
    You want fries with that, too?

Sheesh!

dmt
    900 north 400 W 312 NSL UT 84054

Re: IPC1 Fiery Q1

Quote Originally Posted by fr2au View Post
    Hi
    To restore the system software of the Fiery Q1 you need the DVD 1 and 2 (EF1-6163-000 and FE1-6167-000) insert DVD 1 in the DVD drive and reboot the Fiery on DVD 1 this will format the HDD and reinstall the software later a message will prompt on the screen asking to insert DVD 2 when all done connect it to the network then run the setup turn on the DHCP then save the changes and after rebooting the Fiery print the configurations pages to see the IP address which will allow you to install the driver of this device
    Good Luck
    HI.
    Could you please send me the two DV Fiery Q1 you need the DVD 1 and 2 (EF1-6163-000 and FE1-6167-000) ???