Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Canon IRC2380i lost Network Connection

I have a IRC2380i, which lost its connectivity after a short brownout at the Customers Place. Static IP is activated and displays correctly on the network settings printout. If i connect the box to my Notebook, there is indicated, that a Network Connection exists, but i cannot ping the Adress neither print.

Things i've done so far: Updated Firmware to the latest an greatest, reset DC con and RC con and replaced NIC to a new one, to no avail. Temporary, i have connected the box via USB, which works fine. At next Step i would try to reset the NIC and the Network settings, somebody has an Idea, where they are stored?

Other Suggestions?

Ps.: If a Moderator think, this post would be better in the "connectivity Area", feel free to move it.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    In additional functions there is a "restore to factory default" setting. It has fixed a few weird network issues for me. Print out any user data list or addresses you may need before you run this, also it takes about 20-30 minutes to complete.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sometimes you dont see the Solution, even if it stands right beside you and slaps you in the Face

Reset to Factory defaults did the Trick, thank you for your Suggestion.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    In additional functions there is a "restore to factory default" setting. It has fixed a few weird network issues for me. Print out any user data list or addresses you may need before you run this, also it takes about 20-30 minutes to complete.
    Hi D_L_P!

Could you elaborate as to where this "restore to factory default" setting is?

thanx

elabako

Re: Canon IRC2380i lost Network Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Herrmann View Post
    I have a IRC2380i, which lost its connectivity after a short brownout at the Customers Place. Static IP is activated and displays correctly on the network settings printout. If i connect the box to my Notebook, there is indicated, that a Network Connection exists, but i cannot ping the Adress neither print.

Things i've done so far: Updated Firmware to the latest an greatest, reset DC con and RC con and replaced NIC to a new one, to no avail. Temporary, i have connected the box via USB, which works fine. At next Step i would try to reset the NIC and the Network settings, somebody has an Idea, where they are stored?

Other Suggestions?

Ps.: If a Moderator think, this post would be better in the "connectivity Area", feel free to move it.
    Hi, do you have firmware from IRC2380i ?
    Thanks