Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kayceeatthebeach

Question Setting Up a Folder for Scanning

Hello everyone,

I am just a customer service rep working in an office where we don't have an IT person and I need some help if you all don't mind.

My boss has asked me (because I'm the most computer literate person in the office) to try and set up another folder on the Canon copier/printer/scanner to scan files to. Currently we have one option, which is the "scans" folder on our shared network drive.

I've tried several different ways now to go into the scan function and register a new email or folder address but keep getting error messages. I've looked at the details of the "scans" folder and tried to copy that to a new folder but that did not work either.

Also, something odd I've noticed is that I cannot edit any details on two things. One is the "scans" folder and the other is this email address that's setup (but doesn't receive scans). Any idea if there is a correlation between me not having access to editing those two and me not being able to set up another folder?

Any tips, tricks, help or advice would be much appreciated. And if you don't mind, use laymen's terms! I've read some of your posts and it's a bit over my head! LOL

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Setting Up a Folder for Scanning

Quote Originally Posted by kayceeatthebeach View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am just a customer service rep working in an office where we don't have an IT person and I need some help if you all don't mind.

My boss has asked me (because I'm the most computer literate person in the office) to try and set up another folder on the Canon copier/printer/scanner to scan files to. Currently we have one option, which is the "scans" folder on our shared network drive.

I've tried several different ways now to go into the scan function and register a new email or folder address but keep getting error messages. I've looked at the details of the "scans" folder and tried to copy that to a new folder but that did not work either.

Also, something odd I've noticed is that I cannot edit any details on two things. One is the "scans" folder and the other is this email address that's setup (but doesn't receive scans). Any idea if there is a correlation between me not having access to editing those two and me not being able to set up another folder?

Any tips, tricks, help or advice would be much appreciated. And if you don't mind, use laymen's terms! I've read some of your posts and it's a bit over my head! LOL
    The best thing to do first is to.
    1.Machine must be connected to a network.
    2.Make sure you have a send tab on the op panel.
    3.You wanna set up folders with in your address book settings.
    4.File, Protocol should be set at Window SMB, browse the network and see what appears. You should see workgroups or file servers that you should be famillar with.

The key to this is to browse.

Good luck.

Screwy's right...
    If you know how to browse a network from a PC you'll have very little trouble browsing to the correct file path...just bear in mind that you may need network access passwords.
    OMG...LOOK AT MY NUMBER OF POSTS......THE DEVIL'S NUMBER...makes sense

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    OMG...LOOK AT MY NUMBER OF POSTS......THE DEVIL'S NUMBER...makes sense
    Salvation is at hand!!! Quick,, post again,, and you too shall be saved!!