Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mitsubee's Avatar

CLC3200 or IRc3200

Hello all good day,

I'm having problems with blurr/light color print out.. example when i do a full gradiation print what i got is only magenta and yellow image , cyan and black is super light/blurr , so i took out the both tank and open it...cyan has little dv inside and black also have little dv inside when i repost this to my boss , he told me that black cart dont have developer and cyan have developer...

guyzzz anyone knew or face this problem before ? and can ask to confirm ... does black cartridge really dont have developer?

thanks

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    CLC3200 or IRc3200

I would honored to clarified the developer question for you.

Black is mono component. There is no developer for black, black is black.

All colors are dual component meaning they have two substances, developer and toner that's why they are called dual component. This goes for every color machine in the market.

If any of those two colors are light, try doing a auto gradation adjustment first or replace those two drums, the developer must be getting weak.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Hello screwtape ,

First i would like to thank you for sparing your time for my query.

I just took out the magnetic roller for black. There is black developer.

Just for info ... every toshiba color machine all black got developer.

Bro screwtape .. about the blurr issue that is the auto gradiation black and cyan is blurr so all the copying have very light black and cyan...the color screwed up.

waiting for your reply

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Hi Mitsube,

Under Copier>Display>Misc in service mode, what numbers do you have posted for the Black & Cyan drums?

At any rate, the fix is most likely going to be replacing both those drum/developer assemblies.

Thanks MrFixIt ,

I will go and find out the rate count for the both.

There is few question i need to ask

1) Does this model Canon made it the Dev/Drum Assemblies as USED and DISPOSED ? or we can still change the drum/chip/seal/blade ?

2) Does the developer get eaten up and will end up dried or it will be as normal amount back int the tank only to become weak?

Thanks

To answer both your questions, I do not break the assemblies down to component level to service them. They were never designed for this. They are a one shot item, when they give me trouble, I replace them. We do not use remanufactured drums, we use Canon original drums. In theory, when the drum count reaches 100 in the misc counter, they have reached normal end of life, so anything above 100 is extra time on the drum. Typically I get around 300 as an average, but once again, that is farther than normal life of the item.

said

canon ir C3220

hello I have a problem with my printer, it is printing thin green stripes on the right side of the paper. I feed it on the bypass because i use 12x18 heavy 2 paper. I have been working with this paper about 2 months and i had no problems until now

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    To answer both your questions, I do not break the assemblies down to component level to service them. They were never designed for this. They are a one shot item, when they give me trouble, I replace them. We do not use remanufactured drums, we use Canon original drums. In theory, when the drum count reaches 100 in the misc counter, they have reached normal end of life, so anything above 100 is extra time on the drum. Typically I get around 300 as an average, but once again, that is farther than normal life of the item.
    hi mr fixit can you give me idea how many copies can each drum made before it reach 100% of its life.please.thanks.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    hi mr fixit can you give me idea how many copies can each drum made before it reach 100% of its life.please.thanks.
    Hi Smiley,
    The estimated yield is 40,000 sheets, according to the specs in the service guide. To tell you the truth, I have never monitored actual clicks on the drums, I just go by the misc counters to determine life. All my 3200's are under service contract, and drums are included, so I just try to get as much life from all my parts and consumables as i can without impacting acceptable call back parameters. The farther away a copier is from me, the sooner it is likely to get new drums, so I can keep my travel time manageable. Closer in I will let them roll longer, because it won't take me too long to get back to them should copy quality deteriorate.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    CLC3200 or IRc3200

40K it is,
    but!
    This is based on 5% image ratio. If the ratio is higher, the drum life is shorter.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC