Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Exclamation E007 error in Canon iR2018N

Hi Freinds, I need your help regarding my Canon iR2018N copier machine problem. In the last week, this machine was giving E007 error. So according to error, I had checked machine and found that the film was damaged. Therefore, I went to market and I bought compatible film & fixed the same. The delear [from whom I bought the film] has given me Brown color and HP 5000 series film. He said that so many copier technicians purchased the same type of film and fixed into their copier machine. So I came with the same film and fixed into the same unit & tried to get the machine into working condition. But I am facing the same problem still even after changing the filem. Then I took out the unit from machine & I found that it is not heated. It was totaly cool like cold water. As per my knowledge it should heat. So I am confused what do now? Cause after these steps I had discussion with the same delear, he said that the problem with the heater of the same unit. So please try to replace the heater only. I am waiting for suggestion and help from all of you. Please reply me to this thread or if possiblem you can send me a mail on patil_ps@yahoo.com or pramod.patil1803@yahoo.co.in. Please do reply.
    Your co-operation will be highly appreciable.

Thanks in advance.

Pramod.....

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I would not worry if its cold, the E007 is probably being detected before the fuser can heat up. If the element is bad it would give you a E001 or E004.

Since you just replaced the film, did you put the patch on the right end? One end is plain and the other should have a rectangle shaped patch. E007 is caused when that sensor can't read that patch. You may not be using the correct film for this model and the patch might be too different for the sensor to work correctly.

Also, did you put any grease on it? When you replace just the film you should put new grease on it too. If the film is rotating slower than expected it will throw a E007 too.

Technician

Exclamation E007 error in Canon iR2018N

Dear Mr. D_L_P

Thank you very much for your valuable reply.
    As you said, the rectangle patch should be in right side, its already done the same thing. Also I had put the grease on the film roller before putting the film. And after assembling the FILM unit, I tried to move out 1 normal A4 size paper manually to verify that the film is roatating or not. And I found that the film is roatating properly. But I am not aware that it is roatating or not inside the copier machine. But that error is giving same.
    I would requst you to suggest me that what could be the reason? Becuase you are saying that if heating element is gone then it will show E001 or E004. And E007 is related to film only, then why this error is coming after I replace the film. Is it because of used compatible film or what? But accordgin to the delear information that the same film is used in so many copier machine.

PLease do reply. I am desepartely waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks once again.

Pramod

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    E007 error in Canon iR2018N

are you using OEM or Genuine canon film. I do have the slowing problem sometimes I use xerox fuser oil for dc12 and it works.
    If the reflective patch is dirty clean it or apply silver colour nail polish(not recommended but works).Too much down time just beacuse of a silver patch , we change films here. Also check lower roller if there is waer and tear to the edges replace it.

Technician

Thumbs up

Dear All,

Thank you very very much for your valuable suggestion & replies.
    Specially thanks to D_L_P!!!

Dear D_L_P,

My problem has been resolved. As you said I replaced film with new one and now it is working fine. Actually earlier I bought the compatible film of HP 5000 series and I found that only rectangular black patch was there in the right side of film. But as per your suggestion, I went to market again and searched in so many shops and at the last moment, I found one FILM with black ring on the right side and one white color patch on the black ring. Just bought it the same and fixed into FILM assemebly [This is also compatible, but suitable to this model]. And machine is working smothly now.

I am pasting the picture of new film which I bought just now.
    http://www.uni-tech.pl/sklep/galerie...a-utrw_986.jpg

Thanks once again to best & best information and suggestion.

Pramod
    Attached Images Attached Images