Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IR105 issues -- Considering repair or 105+ or 8500

Did you accidently post the date instead of the Codes? They are not in my service manual.
    The Codes are in the 6th column from left.

If in doubt, make a photo and post it here
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Technician
    Ack, ID TEN T error on my part.

The codes are:

010B
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12
    010B
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12
    0A12

Technician
    Just in case, I've taken pictures of the first 2 screens.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

ok, we see, that there are a lot of 0A12 Jams here, while 0A means, the jam occours by firing up the mashine, and 12 means Sensor PS 15

Check the area in the Duplex unit around PS15, maybe a worn out flapper?
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Technician
    I'll check that out, but it hasn't jammed from Tray 2, and I've run 600 sheets through it. I would test a long run, but the prints are not usable.

My biggest problem now is the lines on the copies.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

for your paer jam issues: replace pick up clutch of deck 's or cassettes. I assume they havent been changed in the past 500,000 sheets. Also replace paper pickup sponge roller and rubber rollers. they dont cost much . your all paper soucres will run fine.

Lines/shades: Its either carona or dp unit. Ask your tech to check out the DP unit. Since your carona has been rewired recently i advise you to check them.

edit: i checked your posted file. there is no conistency in the lines and shades. in your test print there is no shades only a line at the bottom. In the second page there is no line only a shade. so i think it must be carona . you could by new units its the same for 7200,8500,105 and 105+.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IR 105

i think i had the same problem which i encountered with our IR105 ...pick up rollers,feedrollers and even the separation rollers has been replaced...but still it will cause jamming on cassete 2...but atlas after changing the magnetic clutch/clutch together with the torque limiter the problem was solved..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IR 105

though im not an experienced CANON tech,whenever i see lines on copies made... initially i will think of the cleaning blade..but with Canon i found out that primary coronas and the rest of the corona wire should be the one to look into first of all.That i learned from this forums and its true!!

Help Desk Technician 50+ Posts

105 pcq

looks like drum blade lines to me maybe tech used the wrong edge ... if I remember that blade has only 2 useable edges not 4 like most .. lot numbers facing out .. also adjust idle rotation helpd with cleaning .. could be the drum heater not warming the blade enough to make it more supple

Technician

Thanks!

Thank you to everyone for their help.

I called the tech and asked him to bring over the 3 corona discharge units, clutches and rollers for the trays. He changed it all out and the jams were gone but the copies were still dirty.

So, I said in a questioning tone, "Maybe we didn't need the discharge units after all and the drum blade was just dirty?"

He seemed to think I still needed to keep the corona units, but reversed the drum blade and the copies are now clear.

Thanks again everyone for pinpointing the problems and saving me (and the tech) a great deal of frustration.