Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ir 4570 copies and printout its very lightly?????

my ir 4570 have recently some problem...
    my mechine crossed 400000 copies/prints

if any copies and any printouts its comes very lightly.????
    what to do???? i am replaced some spares for this problem.. but cannot increase copies dark.
    in platern/adf (auto mode/manual dark)

repalced parts is 1. charging roller, 2.drum , 3. toner.
    fully clean miirors and scanner and laser miiror with vacum cleaner.
    but cannot increasing copies are dark..

copies is dark 20%.i.e when drum is changed. after 5000 to 6000 drum goes to copies are very light..

in additional functions exprosure setting is full. after 2 % increase.

i want make a copy through platern image density manually set it to full. then copy will come as well as. if not set to (image denisty)dark/light. auto mode copy its comming is very light cannot readable.

in adf.. copy it will come blurr in density is manually set (dark/light).
    in auto mode copy it will come as well as. but some light . it was readble.

what to do..???????

i have three times changed drum charging roller. nothing happend.
    i have 10 drums changed ..same problem..
    and toner 3 types of toner changed . (old toner clean with vacum cleaner in cd unit). after new toner replaced.

but cannot increased..

what to do?????
    if any copy/print settings reseted or what happened ?????????

what can i do for increase dark as well as through and platern..
    reply guys........

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    1st thing I would do is make a copy with the lid up and open the door when you hear the reg clutch kick on. If you stop it at the right time you can look at the drum and see how black it is. This is a mono-component toner so it won't be solid black, but you should be able to tell if it is barely there or fairly dark greyish. If you can't hardly see any toner on the drum check your developer. If it's dark greyish, check your transfer roller.

In my experience light copies in those are rare, but things I have come across are the brass tab on the back of the developer can get bent/dirty when handling it and then have poor contact with the copier. It is on the rear and you have to lift it up or turn it over to see it. Clean it with alcohol and bend it down a couple of mm so it makes better contact.
    The transfer contacts on the door can get dirty, bent, or misaligned. Realign the door and clean the contacts.
    Once, a tech told me the release lever for the developer was bent. The developer unit was not going up all the way to engage the drum. But I think his problem was lighter on one side then the other. Good luck!

Hmm, your drums crap out after only 5000-6000 copies? You can send those in for warranty. I can't remember if ammonia effects organic drums or just the older cadmium ones.

i am already doing clean contacts..

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    1st thing I would do is make a copy with the lid up and open the door when you hear the reg clutch kick on. If you stop it at the right time you can look at the drum and see how black it is. This is a mono-component toner so it won't be solid black, but you should be able to tell if it is barely there or fairly dark greyish. If you can't hardly see any toner on the drum check your developer. If it's dark greyish, check your transfer roller.

In my experience light copies in those are rare, but things I have come across are the brass tab on the back of the developer can get bent/dirty when handling it and then have poor contact with the copier. It is on the rear and you have to lift it up or turn it over to see it. Clean it with alcohol and bend it down a couple of mm so it makes better contact.
    The transfer contacts on the door can get dirty, bent, or misaligned. Realign the door and clean the contacts.
    Once, a tech told me the release lever for the developer was bent. The developer unit was not going up all the way to engage the drum. But I think his problem was lighter on one side then the other. Good luck!

Hmm, your drums crap out after only 5000-6000 copies? You can send those in for warranty. I can't remember if ammonia effects organic drums or just the older cadmium ones.

i am check all those parts.. and devolepor contacts.. cleaned ..

next thing trasfer roller is pure black.
    and tranfer contact very neatly......
    i am checking everything transfer contacts and cleaned.

but cannot improved.?????

toner is just black...not greyish.!!

next drum its come to 35000 copies...
    only 5000 to 60000 copies goes copies are light......

what to do???????

any another ways to rectify for this problem.......

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi,the last time i saw light copies on the same mc it was laser shutter which sits under laser assy.this shutter moves back and forth when you open the right hand main door.what i would do is remove left hand covers to get to laser remove laser assy open and close rh door to see if shutter is moving correctly.if not it could be worth doing full system all clear.good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi,just checked with canon on this and it could also be a laser fault or an HVT pcb fault-FM2-0261.

Quote Originally Posted by THUK View Post
    hi,the last time i saw light copies on the same mc it was laser shutter which sits under laser assy.this shutter moves back and forth when you open the right hand main door.what i would do is remove left hand covers to get to laser remove laser assy open and close rh door to see if shutter is moving correctly.if not it could be worth doing full system all clear.good luck.

iam checking laser assy...shutter moves corectly......

next how to system all clear.. and how can i enter values correctly.????

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Copy Quality
    Faint copy

Contact on HVT broken ( Transfer roller)
    Replaced HVT PCB ASSY part no. FM2-0261-000

Shazza

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    hi try to adjust the dens under service mode level 1 if the try to make the value higher soo that the copy density will get higher.and after evry time you change the drum and charge roller you have to run the dpc soo that your drum will last until it reach it recuired copy life.merry christmass and a happy new year.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    hi try to adjust the dens under service mode level 1 if the try to make the value higher soo that the copy density will get higher.and after evry time you change the drum and charge roller you have to run the dpc soo that your drum will last until it reach it recuired copy life.merry christmass and a happy new year.
    how can i set???
    in service mode ..which option set for density ???

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Copy Quality
    Faint copy

Contact on HVT broken ( Transfer roller)
    Replaced HVT PCB ASSY part no. FM2-0261-000

Shazza
    copy quality is poor.......
    in manually set to dark full ..copy it will come as well as the orginal...
    other wise it will come lightly????