Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: iRC2380i

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

iRC2380i

Need to know how to install a PS module in this machine. Really appreciate if someone send me a manual on how to do this.
    Thanks in advance

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I think it's as simple as going to Additional Functions->System settings->page down->License registration. Add the PS license key there.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    I think it's as simple as going to Additional Functions->System settings->page down->License registration. Add the PS license key there.
    That is correct sir!!

After you have gone to the Canon LMS site listed on the certificate and retrieved the resulting 25 number license, that number is entered as D_L_P told you...

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    It's NEVER that simple with Canon
    You have to go to your regional Canon Dealer page(requires an Icon password) and navigate to the License Management page.
    After that point it's pretty self explanitory but very IMPORTANT....
    When you get to the end of the process and it prompts you to print the license SAY YES....not only is it easier to take the key to the machine but you'll have a hard copy of the key should anything ever happen requiring you to re-enter it.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    iRC2380i

You do have the option to activate the PS (Post script) option.
    But let me keep you inform, Its not true post script its emulated(imitation). It serves the purpose and I'm not trying to sound discouraging but a lot of customers are being fooled. Where as, there are other vendors that offer true post script printing. I will not expand any further.

Merry Xmas.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    You do have the option to activate the PS (Post script) option.
    But let me keep you inform, Its not true post script its emulated(imitation). It serves the purpose and I'm not trying to sound discouraging but a lot of customers are being fooled. Where as, there are other vendors that offer true post script printing. I will not expand any further.

Merry Xmas.
    "Canuscript", as I recall...

Even if you need to print from Mac clients, the UFRII driver for Mac will work.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins