Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

iPR_C1_Upgrade to _v64.06

I upgraded My iPR_C1 to v64.06 and I am wondering if using SST v3.35E was ok or should
    I have used SST v4.04Eq.
    Any input on this would be appreciated.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    I upgraded My iPR_C1 to v64.06 and I am wondering if using SST v3.35E was ok or should
    I have used SST v4.04Eq.
    Any input on this would be appreciated.
    You should use the latest v4.22. You can also use v4.04 or v4.11.
    If you don't have any issues after upgrading then I wouldn't worry.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    You should use the latest v4.22. You can also use v4.04 or v4.11.
    If you don't have any issues after upgrading then I wouldn't worry.
    I have issues but then I had them before upgrading but in your opinion
    should I try again with v4.04?

I have issues but then I had them before upgrading but in your opinion
    should I try again with v4.04?
    What kind of issues did you have before?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician

Unhappy

Thanks for your interest in my C1 problems.
    Well I used SST v4.04 today and re-installed v64.06 but it did not change anything.
    The issues i have been having is when I try to print from Q1 server I get an error message
    E000747-8000.
    The communication between Fiery and C1 is fine and file does try to print etc.
    I tried re-seating all the cards, the boot-rom and the memory and still no good.
    I was told I should try to connect a laptop directly to C1 through crossover and see if it will print.
    If it did print would this really tell me anything?
    If it can be connected that way how would I go about it?
    Would I use the IP address 10.255.255.1 and set up a port or what?

You may need to load a print driver but basically put the laptop within range of the C1 then ping it...if the connection's ok add the C1 as a printer and load the driver if necessary on a new TCP/IP port.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    You may need to load a print driver but basically put the laptop within range of the C1 then ping it...if the connection's ok add the C1 as a printer and load the driver if necessary on a new TCP/IP port.
    Do you know what I would set the interface value (0-5) in order to print directly from pc?
    I know 3 is supposed to be the setting for Q1 server.

Thanks for your interest in my C1 problems.
    Well I used SST v4.04 today and re-installed v64.06 but it did not change anything.
    The issues i have been having is when I try to print from Q1 server I get an error message
    E000747-8000.
    The communication between Fiery and C1 is fine and file does try to print etc.
    I tried re-seating all the cards, the boot-rom and the memory and still no good.
    I was told I should try to connect a laptop directly to C1 through crossover and see if it will print.
    If it did print would this really tell me anything?
    If it can be connected that way how would I go about it?
    Would I use the IP address 10.255.255.1 and set up a port or what?
    It won't print if you try connecting to the machine, you must have a printer kit installed. If you have a fiery connected that means that there is optional hardware already installed into the machine for that fiery. If you want to connect to the fiery directly, yes a crossover cable would be needed. You can use static iP or you can use DHCP which will automatically choose a IP address for the Q1. A standard tcp/ip port would need to be created in order to install a print driver.

E000747-8000, is this constant or intermit.
    Is this your initial problem. This is image data transfer error.
    Are you certified on this machine?
    There some things you can try,
    if this is your main issue.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    It won't print if you try connecting to the machine, you must have a printer kit installed. If you have a fiery connected that means that there is optional hardware already installed into the machine for that fiery. If you want to connect to the fiery directly, yes a crossover cable would be needed. You can use static iP or you can use DHCP which will automatically choose a IP address for the Q1. A standard tcp/ip port would need to be created in order to install a print driver.

E000747-8000, is this constant or intermit.
    Is this your initial problem. This is image data transfer error.
    Are you certified on this machine?
    There some things you can try,
    if this is your main issue.
    I have a computer with command workstation that I can send a file to fiery but it is no different results than sending a test file from fiery. A tech friend just suggested trying to print without the fiery but I am gathering from what you say that it cannot print from any other source with it's installed hardware. Yes the C1 came set up for the fiery.
    The fiery is connected with crossover and test files do get processed by the C1 then it comes up with the error every time. E000747-8000, is constant.
    The fiery has been restored from the original disks, and works fine,
    like you say it is an image transfer error.
    I am not certified on C1, I am wondering if I need remove the interface card that connects
    to fiery and get someone to try it in another machine or is there some other way you could suggest to check if it's functioning correctly?

I have a computer with command workstation that I can send a file to fiery but it is no different results than sending a test file from fiery. A tech friend just suggested trying to print without the fiery but I am gathering from what you say that it cannot print from any other source with it's installed hardware. Yes the C1 came set up for the fiery.
    The fiery is connected with crossover and test files do get processed by the C1 then it comes up with the error every time. E000747-8000, is constant.
    The fiery has been restored from the original disks, and works fine,
    like you say it is an image transfer error.
    I am not certified on C1, I am wondering if I need remove the interface card that connects
    to fiery and get someone to try it in another machine or is there some other way you could suggest to check if it's functioning correctly?
    You can try to clear MNcon.
    But please use precaution. There has been some cases where clearing MNcon resolved certain issue with E747-8000

MNcon operation method.
    1) Select this item and press the OK key.
    2) Turn OFF/ON the main power.
    - The RAM data is cleared after the main power switch is turned OFF/ON.
    - When this mode is executed, all the data in the SRAM board is initialized.
    The file control information for a hard disk is also initialized, and image data in the hard disk cannot be read. Before you execute this mode, be sure to inform a user that all images in the box are going to be initialized and receive prior approval from him/her.
    1) Print out the service mode data by COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P > P-PRINT.
    2) Select this item and press the OK key. The machine is automatically activated and displays a message indicating "please turn on the main power again".
    3) Turn OFF/ON the main power.

Also try and remove SDRAM from the Main Controller PCB.
    2. Wipe the terminal of SDRAM with lint-free paper impregnated with alcohol, and then re-fit the SDRAM.
    This is a part # just in case its the SDRAM WA7-3617 SD-RAM (DIMM)

Good luck.