Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dtaylor

Canon ImageCLASS D661

A small piece of plastic film came out of one end of the fusing unit on our small church's copier and a smear about a half inch wide appeaded on the top edge of the paper. I use it for church bullitins and Sunday School class copies so I just moved everything down the page until a larger piece came out and now a third of the page is unusable. I replaced the toner cartrage hoping for a fix but to no avail. I have always been able to figure out how to 'fix' our copiers, however this time I can't seem to get the fusing unit out or opened. If I could get it apart, are parts available? Is a D661 servicable at all? Are we better off to just scrap it and buy another? HELP!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Canon ImageCLASS D661

If you send me an email, I'll send you a free copy of the Parts & Service manual on this copier.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon ImageCLASS D661

Your fuser film is ripped. It may not be long before you get an error code. The unit is difficult to get out if you follow the manual. You need a tech. I think the machine is a good copier except for the fuser location. I would fix it.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Canon ImageCLASS D661

In the manual I have there is a better fuser removal procedure that a tech wrote that I inserted into this manual.

Paul

Technician 250+ Posts
    I agree, you should call a tech - but if you do not want to go that route;

The service manual he offered should tell you how to remove the fixing assembly. Once out, you will have to replace the film unit (and maybe the pressure roller and bushings). You can get the parts online.

Just my opinion: You could have a tech do it the first time and watch him/her. Fixing assembly parts cost enough that you do not want to learn "the hard way".