Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    elenz

Color network Scan Gear runs slow

I have an IR 3380 that is setup for scanning with a new install of Ecopy SSOP on Windows Vista.They need the exchange connector so emails come from the authenticated user. The account rules are not to turn off the fire wall and I have made exceptions for the applications. Color networkscangear takes 5 minutes to complete a single page scan but Network scan gear hooked to another machine does it immediatly.
    Are there differences in the fire wall settings that need to be in place?
    Scan settings are set to black and white 200 dpi.

Embedded scanning is not an option nor is embedded meap.
    Last edited by elenz; 12-31-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Add info

Technical Support Manager 50+ Posts welshman's Avatar
    if you have ecopy you dont need to use scangear just use the ecopy instead

also those machine have a send kit so again i would use this and not scangear

scangear is slow on colour machines due to the file size you can try changing the dpi settings to a lower level but i would just use ecopy or send

cheers and have a great new year

elenz

update

Sorry I updated my post I am stuck with the scan station on this account and cant use embedded.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by welshman View Post
    if you have ecopy you dont need to use scangear just use the ecopy instead

also those machine have a send kit so again i would use this and not scangear

scangear is slow on colour machines due to the file size you can try changing the dpi settings to a lower level but i would just use ecopy or send

cheers and have a great new year
    You have to use the CNWSG or NWSG in order to choose which machine the ecopy is going to link to for the scans.
    Is the processing of the images slow or is taking a long time for the scanned images to show on the ecopy scan station?

You might have an issue with the copier causing your issues.

elenz

Slow process time out

The scans are showing up in the scan station but the app seams to hang on the last page until a time out accures. it appears to not get the completion of the scanned image from the scanner IR3380.
    I have someone scheduled to flash up the copier but I can get it to go through fine if the firewall is shut off for testing.Adding the sgtool.exe and ecopy app to the exceptions doesnt seam to help but works fine with the regular network scangear.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elenz View Post
    The scans are showing up in the scan station but the app seams to hang on the last page until a time out accures. it appears to not get the completion of the scanned image from the scanner IR3380.
    I have someone scheduled to flash up the copier but I can get it to go through fine if the firewall is shut off for testing.Adding the sgtool.exe and ecopy app to the exceptions doesnt seam to help but works fine with the regular network scangear.
    Yes, eCopy scanstation DOES require the use of CNSG to function.

Make sure that you are using the latest version of CNSG, which is version 2.3, and can be found here: Canon U.S.A., Inc. Drivers & Downloads Device Management Software

I had the exact same issue about a year ago - this is a known problem with eCopy ScanStation and the older versions, where the scanning is extremely slow and it hangs on the last page.

Happy New Year!!!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Now, Ecopy, do you have the one with hardware (Workstation, touch panel,the whole stand). If so, keep in mind that you can aslo reinstall Ecopy.

You can also use the send feature, SMB,Email(SMTP). You also can aslo use Ldap and link your directory.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

elenz

Thanks for you help Hope this thread wll help others

Ok Here is what I found out.
    I was able to open the firewall for the UDP ports within the range of 1024 to 65535 and it worked at rated speed with no hangup on the end of the last page.
    Vista uses svchost.exe Windows Image Acquisition services for scanner and cameras.