Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    need help connecting canon c3220 to network

Please go to the printer tab, then functions, then print pages, then configuration page

this should give you at least one page and make sure, that the c1 is connected properly to your clc.

then do us a favor and post the configuration page(s) here, so we can see if something is eventually wrong.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

Lets get down to basics,

Lets get down to basics, we need to isolate your copier/C1 from your existing network.

Make sure cabling is correct between copier and C1. prove this by printing a config sheet from the PRINTER function menu.

Does it print out a page????

Get either a PC or a laptop, and take the copier/C1 off the network. Connect the PC/Laptop to the C1 via either a crossover cable or two ethernet cables and an ethernet switch.

Setup a static address on both devices, make it simple:

PC 192.168.1.100 255.255.255.0

C1 192.168.1.110 255.255.255.0

When address's have been setup, restart copier and C1, wait a minute
    or so and try to ping the C1 from the PC.

Can you ping the copier???

Try RUI out in whatever internet browser you choose. Type in the C1 address to see if you can see the Remote User Interface page.

Can you see the RUI page???

Try Direct Print from the left hand side of the RUI menu.

Do you get a print from this process???

Answer these 4 questions by following this process. These are the thing we will need to know for us to be able to help you...

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    Please go to the printer tab, then functions, then print pages, then configuration page

this should give you at least one page and make sure, that the c1 is connected properly to your clc.

then do us a favor and post the configuration page(s) here, so we can see if something is eventually wrong.
    i print it what info u needi'll try to scan it and post it

Technician
    printer configuration here 10.xx.xx.xx is not my gateway it's 192.168.2.1 there is also a second page if u want me to post it

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

That last octave on your subnet mask should be .255 instead of .240
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i put the following network setting in and try to ping it but nothign
    IP 192.168.2.88
    Submask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.2.1

i'm using a belkin rounter 192.168.2.1
    This is, where it hangs, you need to give your c1 an Ip 192.168.2.xxx and subnet 255.255.255.0, then it will work for you
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile network printing

Quote Originally Posted by albertldee View Post
    i need some help bad i have being trying to connect this for weeks i have a canon c3220 i want to connect to my network

i put the following network setting in and try to ping it but nothign
    IP 192.168.2.88
    Submask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.2.1

i'm using a belkin rounter 192.168.2.1

the green and amber light is on on the back of the printer network card, i connect it directly to my network switch the ip is not showing up in the router either

please what else can i do is there a manual for network connection

Help
    ok. first thing to setting up any netwrok printer is you have to make sue all your cat5 are correct, you shuld use stright not cross over, you need to make sure your canon is set to static ip, make sure port is enabled on your router for printer port,you need to rest all your devices,router,printer,computer and disconnect your router and connect your computer directly to your copier,go to network and setup your ip address the same as your printer port except the last octance need to be different other wise you get ip conflict, if you were able to ping and print then something wrong with your router, this is how we fixed connectivity on the field when i was working for konica minolta, I hope this helped,good luck

Technician
    thanks everyone i realize where the problem is the submask and ip address is incorrect that's not my network how do i change these setting my router, computer and switch is ok that i know i'm running the basic setup i have 2 other printer a hp4000tn and a brother all install on the network fine, back to my question how do i change the ip setting should the printer automaticly update itself with the correct ip and it's not doing that i know sometime on HP printer the network card hold the ip address we would do a hard reset (hold down the power button and turn it on for it to release the ip) is that the problem i'm having how do i get it to get the propper info from the router, i plug the cat5 cable from the switch into my laptop and it work ok so i'm assuming the cable is ok, i realize when i go into the network setting it does not have option to set the tcp ip, the cable from the c1 to the printer is a crossover cable should i use straight cat5 cable the cable from the c1 to switch is straight cat5

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

I feel like I am talking to myself...

The network settings are not accomplished on the copier,,, it occurs on the C1. Restart the C1 and copier, press the printer button on the copier display, and keep that screen active till the display asks if you want to go into setup... Choose yes, then set your address info up in there. Choose STATIC address so you don't have to chase this address issue around all over the place. Network settings do not become effective till the copier/C1 has been restarted...

good luck

imagerunner
    Do you have a print/scan chip in this copier and is the system software updated? This machine comes with just copy ability.