Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile keep it simple network

Quote Originally Posted by albertldee View Post
    thanks everyone i realize where the problem is the submask and ip address is incorrect that's not my network how do i change these setting my router, computer and switch is ok that i know i'm running the basic setup i have 2 other printer a hp4000tn and a brother all install on the network fine, back to my question how do i change the ip setting should the printer automaticly update itself with the correct ip and it's not doing that i know sometime on HP printer the network card hold the ip address we would do a hard reset (hold down the power button and turn it on for it to release the ip) is that the problem i'm having how do i get it to get the propper info from the router, i plug the cat5 cable from the switch into my laptop and it work ok so i'm assuming the cable is ok, i realize when i go into the network setting it does not have option to set the tcp ip, the cable from the c1 to the printer is a crossover cable should i use straight cat5 cable the cable from the c1 to switch is straight cat5
    if your copier(canon has print server controller installed on it (hardware board)you need dedicated port for that printer that uses that ip we are talking about and on your copier need to put that ip addres,you can use same rang as other printer except you need to change the last octance of the ip address ,keep all the same example: 192.168.1. another digit higer or lower. then if you are connecting your printer to the hub,swich or router you need stight cable. like you said your other copiers are printing.
    if smae computer is connected for all printers then you should be fine on your computer and don't change anything on that. good luck

Technician
    I have 3 question if anyone can help me with

1. based on the configuration i posted above under network setup how/where do i change enable auto ip configuration to (yes) it say no above
    2. how do i remove that ip address and default gateway, that's not the way my network setup
    3. should i have a crossover cable from the C1 to the printer and a straight cable from the C1 enthernet port to the switch
    that's where my problem lies i click on printer button -> function -> run setup but that does not change anythingdo i need to remove the crossover cable from the printer and connect it to my laptop does the C1 have a interface i can log on to

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    need help connecting canon c3220 to network

Follow instructions

Quote Originally Posted by albert lee View Post

based on the configuration i posted above under network setup how/where do i change enable auto ip configuration to (yes) it say no
    above
    Some of us have given you clear instructions. We are professionals. You must follow us and let us guide you. Stop what ever what you are doing and follow these steps.
    When you run setup in the Imagepass, You can enable (DHCP) You can do this under network settings>Enable auto IP configuration to yes if you want to pick up a IP address. Look at your configuration page under network settings. Enable auto IP configuration.

how do i remove that ip address and default gateway, that's not the way my network setup
    You basically change the IP when you run setup, Under network setting>ethernet settings.
    Ip address.
    Subnet.
    gateway.
    Look at your configuration page.

If you don't know what IP scheme Your using, You should really know this by now, if you have devices setup on your network already, you really shouldn't have problems.

If you don't know what IP scheme you have, you can try doing a IPCONFIG /all using the CMD on your workstations. This will give the info you need to know.

should i have a crossover cable from the C1 to the printer and a straight cable from the C1 ethernet port to the switch
    Yes. I would recommend you connect to the router instead.
    that's where my problem lies i click on printer button -> function -> run setup but that does not change anything do i need to remove the crossover cable from the printer and connect it to my laptop does the C1 have a interface i can log on to
    You do not need to remove the crossover cable from the fiery or the copier. As a matter of fact you shouldn't remove the crossover cable.

I said this before. If you want to connect to the C1 you must connect using a crossover cable on the port where you would connect the straight cable in order to communicate directly. Do not remove any cable connections from copier or off of the C1

You must complete run setup utility fully and let the C1 restart on its own.
    Then connect the C1 to your router. Use a straight patch cable.

You can not log into the C1 web interface until you establish communication.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

canon

I have 3 question if anyone can help me with

1. based on the configuration i posted above under network setup how/where do i change enable auto ip configuration to (yes) it say no above
    2. how do i remove that ip address and default gateway, that's not the way my network setup
    3. should i have a crossover cable from the C1 to the printer and a straight cable from the C1 enthernet port to the switch
    that's where my problem lies i click on printer button -> function -> run setup but that does not change anythingdo i need to remove the crossover cable from the printer and connect it to my laptop does the C1 have a interface i can log on to

please go real simple and easy on this, ,I'm trying to help you as simple as possible, we need to eliminate extra things as possible in order to troublehsoot this issue for you. 1)disconnect all cable from your
    copier,printer and computer,2)if you want you can restart your copier,but if you have fiery you need to shut it down, i'm not sure about your configuratin, most copiers have controller built in and some have extrnal box which is attached to the side of copiere which is called fiery print controller.
    you need to connect your pc to your copier using cross over cable, take any routers and swiches off, just pc to your copier, then you need to go to network section setup your pc to static ip configuration, subnetmast and gateway has to be same as your copier network setup, except on the ip adress please don't use the same ip as your copier, you need to change the last octance to the higer or lower. if you have windwos xp under netwrok nighbor, properties and tcp/ip static ip and enter ip add,subnet mast , gateway, you don't need dns, then apply and save, go to copier and enter the ip address,subnet and gateway should be the same as pc,
    and then install your driver and install the port which si your ip address, if you can print then most likely problem is your fiery, sometimes fiery requires two static ip address, one fro the netwrok and one for the enginee, let me know when you this. i hope this helped. it's hard to isolate the proble remotly.email me your configuration too.good luck

Quote Originally Posted by alexfixes View Post
    please go real simple and easy on this, ,I'm trying to help you as simple as possible, we need to eliminate extra things as possible in order to troublehsoot this issue for you. 1)disconnect all cable from your
    copier,printer and computer,2)if you want you can restart your copier,but if you have fiery you need to shut it down, i'm not sure about your configuratin, most copiers have controller built in and some have extrnal box which is attached to the side of copiere which is called fiery print controller.
    you need to connect your pc to your copier using cross over cable, take any routers and swiches off, just pc to your copier, then you need to go to network section setup your pc to static ip configuration, subnetmast and gateway has to be same as your copier network setup, except on the ip adress please don't use the same ip as your copier, you need to change the last octance to the higer or lower. if you have windwos xp under netwrok nighbor, properties and tcp/ip static ip and enter ip add,subnet mast , gateway, you don't need dns, then apply and save, go to copier and enter the ip address,subnet and gateway should be the same as pc,
    and then install your driver and install the port which si your ip address, if you can print then most likely problem is your fiery, sometimes fiery requires two static ip address, one fro the netwrok and one for the enginee, let me know when you this. i hope this helped. it's hard to isolate the proble remotly.email me your configuration too.good luck
    He has a C1 connected to the machine. He cannot configure the machine because he does not have the option since his interface setting are set up for the C1, he would not even see the option under network settings. He would have change his interface setting back to default in order to see the Ip address settings and he does not have a canon printer kit installed with a N bootrom chip so he will not print out anything. So by removing his C1,It would only confuse him more. He can connect a crossover and try to ping directly to the machine from his laptop, he will get a response but the problem is not his machine because the C1 communicates with it already with no problem, Its the C1 that connects to the network therefore he must configure th C1 properly.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician
    i just want to say thanks to everyone for helpin
    when i go into network setting i only have these option
    SNTP settings
    and
    PASV mode
    i did not see any setting option for gateway or submask or ip

i just want to say thanks to everyone for helpin
    when i go into network setting i only have these option
    SNTP settings
    and
    PASV mode
    i did not see any setting option for gateway or submask or ip
    Because you are setting up the C1 not the copier.
    The C1 is what does the printing so this needs the configuring.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    ok i click on the printer tab -> function -> run setup
    You are in the right area. This is what MrFixit was telling you about.

it did it thing then it say restarting i power down
    Ohhh so close! If I am reading this correctly, you powered down before you got to the setup screen, when it was saying "wait"?!? When you hit Run setup, give it some time, and eventually it will come up where you can change the Server setup, Network Setup, Printer Setup, etc.. Then you can do what Screwtape was telling you. Just have that Configuration page in front of you to help navigate and you should be able to change the ip from that 10.xx.xxx.xxx to 192.168.2.xxx. MrFixit and Screwtape know what they are talkin about just follow their advice.

Technician
    Cheers

I got it to work the problem is when i run the setup i would restart the computer and not run the setup

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile sweet,done deal....

Cheers

I got it to work the problem is when i run the setup i would restart the computer and not run the setup
    sweet, done deal....
    I hope we were helful, any time any network issue or any problem with konic minolta machine too let us know.