Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

need help connecting canon c3220 to network

i need some help bad i have being trying to connect this for weeks i have a canon c3220 i want to connect to my network

i put the following network setting in and try to ping it but nothign
    IP 192.168.2.88
    Submask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.2.1

i'm using a belkin rounter 192.168.2.1

the green and amber light is on on the back of the printer network card, i connect it directly to my network switch the ip is not showing up in the router either

please what else can i do is there a manual for network connection

Help
    Last edited by albertldee; 01-01-2010 at 04:20 AM.

I think you're going to find that the machine previously had a C1 Fiery connected and that the interface setting under service mode needs to be reset.
    Which is all well and good provided that when the Firey was removed a Canon Printer Kit was fitted.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    I think you're going to find that the machine previously had a C1 Fiery connected and that the interface setting under service mode needs to be reset.
    Which is all well and good provided that when the Firey was removed a Canon Printer Kit was fitted.
    i'm not sure what that mean it realy did not answer my question, can i connect this machine to my network will it or will it not work ? or what do i need to do to connect it to my network

i connect the network cable into this box it was already connected to the printer with crossover cable
    Last edited by albertldee; 01-01-2010 at 04:16 AM.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by albertldee View Post
    i'm not sure what that mean it realy did not answer my question, can i connect this machine to my network will it or will it not work ? or what do i need to do to connect it to my network

i connect the network cable into this box it was already connected to the printer with crossover cable
    Oze offered you some sage wisdom,,,In a nutshell, if the copier used to have a C1 printserver on the back of it, it would have had a C bootrom chip installed in it, just like it had when it was born as a base copier. If that copier has that C bootrom in it, you can NOT get it to print. You need to determine if your copier has the proper bootrom. A couple of ways to do it, I like paper in hand, so here is what I suggest, enter service mode:

press Additional functions button,
    press 2 & 8 at same time,
    press Additional functions button,
    press Copier
    press Function
    press Misc-P
    press PPrint
    Then press O.K. button in lower right area of display

This will print out all the copier stats, what you are interested in is the BootRom version, on the first page, it will be a number and an alpha character. Hit the reset several times to leave service mode.

Get back to us with the version and alpha character, and we can give you further guidance...

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

I agree to check whether you have a printer kit install, however. Whether or not you have a printer kit install, you should still be able to ping the machine if the ip address was added. I assume you you did it under, system settings> Network settings> IP address, "correct".

Had you had a C1 mounted now or before you would not see any network settings option under system settings because of the interface setting that is or was set for the C1. So, by what you posted in the beginning, stating that you added the IP address I would say, you don't have a ImagePass C1 print server connected. So, we will focus on trying to establish a connection first then we will focus on printing. You can't print anything until you make that first step which is establishing.

A.Communication.

Do you have a laptop?
    You can try to connect directly to the machine via crossover cable.
    Start up the machine in a fixed IP mode, which by default would be a

172.16.1.100 Fixed IP

Set up the network configurations on the laptop to communicate with the ImageRunner using these IP's.

Which ever IP you prefer, if you have a laptop.

If your unsuccessful in establishing communication try clearing MMI in service mode. This will revert all network a user settings back to default.

Print out a P-print first, I believe mrfixit pointed you in the right direction to do so.

Question.

When you ping the machine from the command prompt, what message are you getting back,

Request timed out.
    Destination host unreachable.

Lets focus on this step first.

Hope to hear back from you.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician
    it have one of this at the back i'll get u all the info request and tell u more tuesday morning by 9am Mrfix

I agree to check whether you have a printer kit install, however. Whether or not you have a printer kit install, you should still be able to ping the machine if the ip address was added. I assume you you did it under, system settings> Network settings> IP address, "correct".
    yes that's where i did it

it have one of this at the back i'll get u all the info request and tell u more tuesday morning by 9am Mrfix

yes that's where i did it
    Okay, so you do have a imagepass.
    If you go into service mode and change the interface setting
    Under>Copier>option>Int-face>img-cont to 3
    You should then see at the top a printer tab in the control panel.
    Once you hit the printer tab go into functions and run setup.
    Network settings portion should get you started.
    But you must have the imagepass connected correctly to the machine with all cables.

DO NOT CLEAR MMI THEN.
    And disregard FIXEDIP MODE.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Okay, so you do have a imagepass.
    If you go into service mode and change the interface setting
    Under>Copier>option>Int-face>img-cont to 3
    You should then see at the top a printer tab in the control panel.
    Once you hit the printer tab go into functions and run setup.
    Network settings portion should get you started.
    But you must have the imagepass connected correctly to the machine with all cables.

DO NOT CLEAR MMI THEN.
    And disregard FIXEDIP MODE.
    yes in the menu screen i have copy, print tab and so on
    when i go into function i run the setup tab, ? is it supposed to get the ip and all those stuff automaticly i will run the setup tab tomorrow 9am EST and post back let u know

i realy apreciate u help very much

Technician
    ok i click on the printer tab -> function -> run setup
    it did it thing then it say restarting i power down then restart but it still not showing the ip in the router should i go into the network setting and manually set the ip address
    1 how do i check now to see if the printer have a ip address how can i print the printer status because the enthernet light on the switch and printer flashing
    i run the canon printer driver install and click search network but it dont find any printer
    Last edited by albertldee; 01-05-2010 at 08:49 PM.

ok i click on the printer tab -> function -> run setup
    it did it thing then it say restarting i power down then restart but it still not showing the ip in the router should i go into the network setting and manually set the ip address
    1 how do i check now to see if the printer have a ip address how can i print the printer status because the enthernet light on the switch and printer flashing
    i run the canon printer driver install and click search network but it don't find any printer
    Have you tried switching the port on the router?
    Have you tried using another cable?
    I strongly suggest that you connect directly to the fiery
    With a crossover cable.