Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ir3200

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir3200

Ir3200

i have a c3200 i just took a look at. it is jamming 9 out of 10 times entering the fuser from all trays. there is a high pitched 'whine' coming from behind the cover just behind the fuser 'tray'. while it is whining, the exit roller isn't turning. is there a problem with the fuser drive on these? thats where it sounds like the noise is coming from. the exit rollers do turn at warmup but maybe thats a different speed on the motor.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir3200

The jam code is 0107. After getting back home to look it up (I just so happened to be in town and this customer called my cell, yipee! on a Saturday), this jam is a delay at the fixing exit. So evidently it is getting to the entrance sensor (PS27) everytime. It's always 0107. Looking in the manual and checking out the timing chart for the fixing unit in ch.6 page 7, it seems to me that the fixing unit should start turning when the start button is pressed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This, in turn will turn the exit rollers, which can actually be seen. They never turn during the copy cycle that I could see, and i think that could be the problem, they are only turning at warmup, but looking at the book, that is a different speed on the motor (slower), so maybe that makes a difference. And every time that the exit rollers aren't turning, I get this high pitched hum from the fuser drive motor area (didn't have a screwdriver on hand, but it's prabably fun to get to. Just thought that may be a common problem. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong, but this is where I'm at. thanks. Going back out there monday morning and would like to have my ducks in a row.

Another thought, should the fuser be hard to turn by hand (using the rear gear)? Its pretty stiff, but maybe this is normal. Of course when I release the pressure, it is fine. Or do i have a bearing problem?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ir3200

fuser is shot

I would agree with marc.
    replace or rebuild your fuser

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir3200

went by there this morning and turned the pressure screws half a turn and it has run well all day. maybe someone messed with the pressure?

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc.lucas View Post
    Hi, yes so it was the fixing unit at fault. Unless someone has set the NIP/Pressure screws way to tight you shouldn’t need to adjust those screws. It maybe that as the bearings are failing a little less pressure on them has allowed them to turn.
    I agree with Marc, the fix is yet to come, when the fuser assembly is replaced/rebuilt. You have changed the symptoms, and the "fix" is probably temporary.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar
    There is a set of delivery rollers in the door assembly-if the machine is older the door becomes warped and the rollers can become loose,causing the gears to be misdriven, hence a sudden noise. The rollers are black rubber on a shaft that couples into the door with a "c" holder. The rollers can be snapped back into position. Check the side of the door closest to you.

Little light came on .. check little white drive gear on exit roller shaft .. I thing it can easily clip out of place and miss the mesh with its partner ..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir3200

Yes, I agree with you all that the fuser will have to be replaced, but at least that got me out of a pinch. I figured maybe the bearings are getting rough....thx for the replies.