Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mwaldrop

Canon IR C3220 send to email SMTP settings

Hello,

Does anybody know what needs to be done to setup the IR C3220 so that copies/scans can be sent to email boxes.

I have tried to configure it with our email providers smtp settings (includes SSL authentication and a different port), but it just keeps trying to send.

I went into Server Mode Level 2 and changed the SMTPTXPT and SMTPRXPT to the server's SMTP port and checked the "Allow SSL" in the normal settings.

I wish there was more information on why the send fails.

Currently we can only scan with it via the "Scan" tool which disables the rest of the functions until that person is done.

Any ideas?

Regards,
    Mark Waldrop

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR C3220 send to email SMTP settings

Quote Originally Posted by mwaldrop View Post
    Hello,

Does anybody know what needs to be done to setup the IR C3220 so that copies/scans can be sent to email boxes.

I have tried to configure it with our email providers smtp settings (includes SSL authentication and a different port), but it just keeps trying to send.

I went into Server Mode Level 2 and changed the SMTPTXPT and SMTPRXPT to the server's SMTP port and checked the "Allow SSL" in the normal settings.

I wish there was more information on why the send fails.

Currently we can only scan with it via the "Scan" tool which disables the rest of the functions until that person is done.

Any ideas?

Regards,
    Mark Waldrop
    I normally never have to go into service mode to change anything when setting this up. Are you using a third party email carrier? Second, You can check under system monitor, under send, check what is the Error code under details of that scanned job. This will indicate what the problem is.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

mwaldrop
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    I normally never have to go into service mode to change anything when setting this up. Are you using a third party email carrier? Second, You can check under system monitor, under send, check what is the Error code under details of that scanned job. This will indicate what the problem is.

Hi,

I looked up one of the failed sends.

It says:

I have for now, reconfigured the printer to use gmail's smtp server in an attempt to sort out what might be occurring, since the normal smtp server is part of a MS Exchange account.

As for the ports, they are by default set to port 25 for the SMTP, but both SMTP servers that I am working with listen on different ports (i.e. 465), that is why I went into the Service Mode Level 2, to make that change...

In addition, to clarify, all SMTP servers that I am trying to connect are on the internet and not on our internal network.

Regards,
    Mark

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    # 802
    Cause: In the system control setup (user mode), the
    settings of the SMTP server for e-mail/i-fax are
    wrong.
    The setting of the DNS server is wrong.
    The attempt to connect to the DNS server has
    failed.
    Remedy: In the network settings under system control
    settings (user mode), check the SMTP server
    name and the DNS server name. Check to see if
    the DNS server is operating normally.

Using gmail servers you have to change Level 2 SMTPTXPT and SMTPRXPT to 587.

mwaldrop
    Thanks!!!!

I added our ISPs DNS as a secondary and it is working like a champ now!

Thanks Again!