Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lanman_4

Canon iR5185 print to mailbox

Hi,
    I have a Canon iR5185 with a Fiery controller attached. I am trying to set up the print to mailbox feature. I have set up a mailbox and can send print jobs to the mailbox from the properties of the printer but the print jobs never go anywhere and there is no error message? A Canon tech told me he thinks it may be the Fiery controller but he didn't know how to get it to work.
    Has anyone been able to get this to work?
    Any help will be appreciated, thanks,

L

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

a couple of thoughts

check this first Additional functions > Mail box settings > User inbox settings > user inbox. Make sure that "print upon storing from the printer driver"is set to "off"

Make sure that the customer is not using department ID's
    Also make sure that they are selecting the mailboxes on the copier and not the mailboxes on the imagepass.

lanman_4
    Thanks for the reply.
    Can you expand on your last instructions?
    When I send a print job to the mailbox, I can see the print job go into and out of the print queue but it does not go to the mailbox. I have no idea where it goes,,, no error.
    I have setup two mailboxes, one with a password and one without,, neither works.

Thx,
    L

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    In the print driver, are you choosing print to "Store" from the drop down options? Don't have any Canon drivers on this PC, but I know that you have to use that setup to place a print job into a mailbox on the copier.

Wink

Make sure you have the right driver .. it needs the rip one .. it will be the model of the rip .. NOT IR5181 ps , ufr or pcl

lanman_4
    yes, I have the correct driver and can successfully SCAN to the mailbox from the Canon.
    When printing, I choose the mailbox as the destination in the properties and it appears to go to the mailbox but nothing ever shows in the mailbox...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

1. At the imageRUNNER, select the 'Additional Functions' Key.

2. For the imageRUNNER Series - Select 'Image Server Custom Settings'. For the imageRUNNER-iR Series - Select 'Mail Box Settings'.

3. Select ' Mail Box Registration' or 'User Box Settings'.

4. Select an Unregistered mail box from 00 to 99. Select 'Store'.

5. Type in a user name (up to 24 characters).

6. Select a 4-digit password.

7. Set the amount of time your documents will be saved on the Image Server before the documents are automatically deleted.
    Setting it to 0 will shut off the automatic deletion feature.

8. Select 'Done'.

lanman_4
    Thanks for the reply,
    I have setup multiple mailboxes as described above. Mailboxes are visible at the console and from the properites of the printer but the jobs never are saved tot eh mailbox selected...
    L

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

When Digital documents are sent to the system via a connected PC= Files are stored in specified Mail Boxes when the user selects "Store" in the Page Setup tab of the printer driver.

Requirements: Color Network Multi-PDL Printer Kit-A1 or imagePASS C1

Scan to Mail Box = Hard-copy originals are fed from the ADF or platen glass, scanned, and stored in the selected Mail Box.

Requirements: Color Image Reader-C1
    Possible to view only thumbnail images of scanned documents at the LCD control panel, or at the PC via the Remote UI. NO. Images are stored in Canon's proprietary format, and cannot be opened by recipients at other destinations.

Send to Mail Box = Hard-copy originals are fed from the ADF or platen glass, scanned, and stored in the selected Mail Box through the Universal Send function.

Requirements: Color Image Reader-C1, Universal Send Kit-A1 and Resolution Switching Board-A1
    Possible to view full image preview of scanned documents at the LCD control panel, or at the PC via the Remote UI.

Print to Mail Box = Digital documents are sent to the system via a connected PC. Files are stored in specified Mail Boxes when the user selects "Store" in the Page Setup tab of the printer driver.

Requirements: Color Network Multi-PDL Printer Kit-A1 or imagePASS C1.
    Possible to view only thumbnail images of scanned documents at the LCD control panel, or at the PC via the Remote UI.

lanman_4
    Yep,, done all of the above. Still no joy... or documents in the mailbox. I have had a Canon rep here 3 times now and he can't get it to work either....he thinks it is the Fiery controller that is messing up the transfer,,, ok,, fix it,,,!!!!!
    This is a new printer, I am going to put in a service request ticket with Canon to get this working. I will post once it is setup properly..