Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Alan Aya
    As Screwtape said, check the power source. Open up the C1 or C2, you would find a fuse, check it to see is it blow and replace it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon CLC 3220 won't print, Fiery Issue

Quote Originally Posted by mircea_agr View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion

First of all; it's my machine ( one from the 3 i have ). I'm not a tech, i'm the user. Called the man that usualy takes care of my machines ( belts, drums, etc.) but he doesn't know how to fix this.

The network settings have not changed, and i tryed pingig from different computers, even inserting other network cables from other machines that work.

Took out the unit and unscrewed it.. and i tryed to reset the "bios" batery, unhooked and hooked the hard drive and nothing. I think that the problem is the hard drive.. because it worked just fine and suddently crashed.

The hard drive looks like a laptop hdd. Can it be replaced by one?

What is the software that needs to be instaled. etc.
    You are a End User u need to Follow a Procedure or Hire a Qualified & Trained Tech.
    Steps to help determine where the problem exists:
    What stopped working? The client, server, or the printer? Ask around to learn if the outage is affecting others or just a single desktop.

2. If the server stopped working, you should notice other co-workers with similar problems. If this is the case, focus on fixing the server.
    3. If a single client PC has stopped responding to the network, ask the user whether new software was just loaded or any recent changes have been made to the system, including the installation of service packs, new Internet software, video games, and so on.
    4. Check the physical network. The physical topology of your network is most prone to failure. In fact, most network problems are often due to Physical Layer failures (cabling, etc).
    5. Is it plugged in? Check all network cable connections. Start at the NIC. Is there a green link light? Check the wiring closet to see if someone "borrowed" the patch cable. Check the hub to see if the system is getting a link across the cable.
    6. If you don't have a cable tester, get one. Cabling is very susceptible to electricians, cleaning people and so on.

7.Start PINGing. Windows TCP/IP has the PING command built in. In a typical network you have this order (client->gateway->server) or (client->gateway->internet). First, attempt to PING yourself from the Windows command prompt. Your local "loopback" address for such testing is 127.0.0.1. Example:
    C:\WINDOWS>PING 127.0.0.1

PINGing 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=32
    Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=32

PING statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milliseconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms

If you do not receive a successful PING from yourself, in Windows, try re-installing the TCP/IP protocol from the Network Control Panel or the Network Interface card drivers.

8. If PINGing your loopback worked fine, then try PINGing someone who is on the same subnet as your PC. Be sure the target IP address being PINGed is a valid IP address assigned to a system; otherwise, you'll receive errors. Use the Start | Run | IPCONFIG command to learn your NT/2000 machine's IP configuration (use WINIPCFG with Windows 9x).
    * IP Config provides valuable information about what network you are on, as well as your gateway address.
    9. If you can PING someone on your local subnet, move on to the next step. If you can't, you're probably experiencing a Physical Layer failure. The usual suspects are bad cables or a NIC gone bad (they do that sometimes). With loopback, you were just testing the inner workings of the TCP/IP protocol stack; with PINGing on your local subnet you tested for failure on the failing machine. Try replacing the network card and using a new patch cable.
    10. The next problem area is the gateway. Find the IP address of your gateway. You can find this in the IPCONFIG screen with NT systems (WINIPCFG for Windows 98).
    11. If you don't have a gateway configured, then one will not show up in WINIPCFG, and this is a problem if you are connecting to another network. In Windows, locate Start | Settings | Control Panel | Network | TCP/IP | Gateway and add your gateway. This is your local interface on your router.

* PING this address; this will prove a solid connection from your PC to the gateway. If you have
    made it this far, the PC is working, the cabling is working, and the router (gateway) interface is
    working. You can skip to the next section.

* However, if you receive no response from the gateway, and you have one configured, it's time to
    call the Network Administrator. Your router is improperly configured. It must have a local
    interface (IP address) on your subnet to listen to the traffic on your network. If there is no
    interface, have the router administrator add one. If it has one but has stopped working, it could
    mean you're experiencing a router failure, and others will be affected as well. Conversely, the
    router administrator may have loaded an old config; check with the administrator to make sure
    this isn't the case.

12. The final step is through the gateway. PING something that is on the other side of the gateway. In an intranet, PING a printer on a remote subnet. On the Internet, PING Canon USA (128.11.96.121). If you do so successfully, you should not have a problem. If you can't get to a particular system in your network or on the Internet, that resource may not be available or the router's routing table may be miss-configured.

Technician
    I'm back guys,

I've replaced the entire fiery unit with a new one; never figured out what the old one had.

Anyway.. i have a new problem the new one is in german.

How can i change the language on the fiery? i have to rewrite it ? or is an option somewhere?

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mircea_agr View Post
    I'm back guys,

I've replaced the entire fiery unit with a new one; never figured out what the old one had.

Anyway.. i have a new problem the new one is in german.

How can i change the language on the fiery? i have to rewrite it ? or is an option somewhere?

Thank you in advance
    u mean it changed on control panel & in system settings ???

Making the Machine Settings
    1) Press [Option] on the display.
    2) Press [Printer].
    3) When [Select Language] has appeared, select the
    appropriate language.
    4)When [Select Market Region] has appeared, select
    the appropriate region.

u may need C1 System CD

for control panel language>

Go to Service Mode, *, 2 and 8, *.
    2. Select Copier.
    3. Select Option.
    4. Select Body.
    5. Press the right arrow and scroll to the 3rd screen.
    6. Select RMT-LANG. For English, it should read en.
    7. To change the language, hit the +/- sign until you find the desired language.
    8. Select OK.
    9. Then power cycle the machine.
    Last edited by teckat; 04-01-2010 at 10:20 PM.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

You might have flash the the imagepass with a english version.
    I don't see anything in the configuration sheet pertaining to changing any language options upon running setup.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

the only way to chose the language on a fiery rip is on its first inititalation, then a screen pops up, where you choose the language. So you need to reupload the system software and then, when asked for, choose your language but beware, there is a timeout, so stay tuned until you see the language screen.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    the only way to chose the language on a fiery rip is on its first inititalation, then a screen pops up, where you choose the language. So you need to reupload the system software and then, when asked for, choose your language but beware, there is a timeout, so stay tuned until you see the language screen.
    you're right/ just checked C1 install book/ u need the C1 Software CD > to reload Language on Setup screen

Hi I had one the other day, the main controller fixed the problem. To flash the imagepass you need the cd. I think the latest software is v2.1, on the cd is a loader tool just double click it and follow the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by rad7845 View Post
    Hi I had one the other day, the main controller fixed the problem. To flash the imagepass you need the cd. I think the latest software is v2.1, on the cd is a loader tool just double click it and follow the instructions.

why would change main controller for a language issue ??/ it was posted to mircea_agr a while back to re install C1 firmware/ don't think they have the C1 cd

Technician
    i managed to solve the problem using a web translator from german to english. Just put the laptop on the machine and translated all buttons.
    I stumbled on an option to restore the factory default, then asked me the language and the market zone.

Thank you all for your help