Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

canon irc3220 blank display

I have a Canon irc3220 with a blank display. Green power light comes on only. Machine seems to warm up and make it a ready state. Tried different boot rom + memory. Have not tried a different hard drive because it seems not to error out. Tried different control panel. Checked all board connections. Any ideas?

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by etcopy1 View Post
    I have a Canon irc3220 with a blank display. Green power light comes on only. Machine seems to warm up and make it a ready state. Tried different boot rom + memory. Have not tried a different hard drive because it seems not to error out. Tried different control panel. Checked all board connections. Any ideas?
    Try the main controller
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by etcopy1 View Post

The HDD would have to be preloaded if you did try it as you could not reload it on this unit. You are on the right track with this issue as it usually a problem in the main controller box.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

iRepair
    Make sure the contrast of the screen is not all way up.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Have come across these problem. Take out the RAM and BOOT Rom clean up the contact point with a contact cleaner and reseat back to the controller P.C.B. Or change the RAM

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If it still doesn't work, try unplugging the main controller fan, it could be a bad fan. I could also be the fuse pcb, the sub main controller, or power distribution pcb.
    Also, check the wall outlet for a good neutral to ground.

sgcopiertech
    my experience with blank screen is always the power supply ( 4 of 4 machines)
    fortunately, for my case, soldering the dry joint behind the pcb always solves the problem.