Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    acmax2004

Smile Need Help for Canon GP405

i have a canon gp405 copier facing this problem. it take long time to start scanning, after u press the start button the exposure lamp lights on and stay at home position around 10 sec then it started to scan the doc. it make trouble for those who is copying a book. it will take a long time to finish copying a book. any expert out there can help me to settel this problem...... thanks............

copierhouse

late scanning of lamp .

scanning lamp should be toshiba branded.problem will be solved.

Technician
    The scaning lamps are generally toshiba, low intensity causes problem.Changing lamp will help.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Need Help for Canon GP405

Why are you responding to a post that is 3 years old? Surely that person is no longer waiting for a reply.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Why are you responding to a post that is 3 years old? Surely that person is no longer waiting for a reply.
    Amen to that!!

Save your advice for a more recent problem...

Technician
    hi,,, i have a problem with canon gp 405...error e677...and how i can add new software to printer hdd???

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

How to reinstall printer board system software...

You need PDL Downloader, and the sytem software for your printer board. There are 2 varieties, I don't know which board you have, H1 K1 or P1 R1. Both are re-imaged the sameway. You had better have a printout handy of the settings as well, so afterwards you can re-configure the printer settings.

Turn copier off, wait a bit, turn on, and press Printer button on op panel. You are waiting for a message "Do you want to enter setup?" Choose yes, navigate to where you can format the hard drive, and do so. Then choose to load system software. Have the laptop fired up with PDL downloader running, and connected to the copier by either a IEEE1284 parallel cable, or the Canon Nethawk cable. Start the file download, the boot file first, then the PS option print file if the board supports it.

When the file transfer is complete, restart the copier, press Printer, enter Setup when given the opportunity, and configure the printer settings. If all goes as it should, you should be up and running...

To answer your next question, no, I do not supply software.