Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have to agree with MrFixIt that your problem is with the scanning. The scanner is the carriage that moves from left to right, with the bright bulb in it. The lens is right there with it. Sometimes dust accumulates on these parts and affects the quality.

But I must say that you should be very careful; these things are somewhat delicate and if you don't know what you're doing, you can muck things up pretty good.

Failing these, I'm at a loss for what's causing your problems. I would like to see the scan.

Thanks..and good luck!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    dear ashok

you have problem with ur laser unit, once clean the mirror of laser unit, this will work for u...............i am from mum........wt abt u

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    If he has problem w/ the laser unit, why are the prints OK and the copies not?

Technician
    test page0001.jpg

test page10001.jpg
    Dear All,

Thanks for valuable replies. I am pasting here the snapshot of scanned copies of printout and xeorx copy of the same printout. Printout is coming properly. But if I take xerox copy of any document, it is not comping proper. Please chek and help me.

Thanks in Advance.

pramod

clean your optics take small cover holding copy glass and remove copy glass and carefully clean around scanner unit under copyglass, might have picked up dust.

and also clean underside copyglass

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    clean your optics take small cover holding copy glass and remove copy glass and carefully clean around scanner unit under copyglass, might have picked up dust.

and also clean underside copyglass
    Cleaniing the optics is never a bad idea,,, but if the optics were dirty, he would be experiencing background and dark copies. The issue seems to be something that an auto gradation would resolve, but on this model, I could not find where you can do a CCD adjust to correct the light copies. If someone knows the service software on these little beasties,, speak up!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    That printout is very far from being fine, the density of the text should be pure black, instead it is all scratchy and light. There may well also be an issue with the optics (dust or otherwise), but the root problem I'm willing to bet is that you are making a copy of an already poor print out, so the effect is doubly so.

I would say the problem is with the transfer roller or dev assembly. In particular make sure the transfer roller is installed correctly, moves freely and is not clogged up with toner (the black foam roller near the bottom of the door).

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    The issue seems to be something that an auto gradation would resolve, but on this model, I could not find where you can do a CCD adjust to correct the light copies. If someone knows the service software on these little beasties,, speak up!
    It really is a glorified fax machine, as such it mostly shares the same service menu layout and I doubt you'll find anything too advanced in there.
    No, I will not send you Manuals, Software or your own little repair Genie to fix all your problems for you.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Dirty optics and lenses make darker copies on analog machines, but on digitally-imaged machines, dusty optics lead to lighter copies.

There is definitely an imaging problem. Start at square one. Hell, there could be CCD driver problems! Keep it simple.

And I don't agree that these machines are glorified fax machines. They are much more robust, and, of course, don't use POS "cartridges".

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djbass View Post
    It really is a glorified fax machine, as such it mostly shares the same service menu layout and I doubt you'll find anything too advanced in there.
    You are "preaching to the choir" on that one

I have always joked that they wanted to be a copier some day when they finally grew up...

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Canon iR2016 Printing problem

Here are some more options.

1.Replace your contact image sensor FL2-3286-000.
    2.Check ribbon cables, reseat them.
    3.Check the Reader controller PCB.

There is no CCD assy or optics. The CIS is what does the scanning.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC