Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks so much for all the info. With it, I was confident enough to tackle the job myself, so I finally went back out there to replace the HDD. I got the exact same model as was in there and was able to upload the exisiting files (I think) and install the new HDD. But now I can't format it. I get the follow message:

Can not connect the machine with selected IP address. Click [OK] button when ready.

The machine must be started by holding down 1 and 7 keys for download mode of service mode.

So, I'm stuck at the formatting. I know I'm missing something dumb, but can't figger what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsw2k View Post
    Thanks so much for all the info. With it, I was confident enough to tackle the job myself, so I finally went back out there to replace the HDD. I got the exact same model as was in there and was able to upload the exisiting files (I think) and install the new HDD. But now I can't format it. I get the follow message:

Can not connect the machine with selected IP address. Click [OK] button when ready.

The machine must be started by holding down 1 and 7 keys for download mode of service mode.

So, I'm stuck at the formatting. I know I'm missing something dumb, but can't figger what it is.

Thanks!
    -------------------------------------------

Here we go...

set laptop IP address to:

subnet mask:

The laptop/pc needs to be connected to the copier through a crossover cable, or a network switch/hub.

Start Service Support Tool, I assume you have your system software already registered in Service Support Tool. Select "Connect" and in the right hand drop down menu, select iR2270.

Turn on main power switch at right side toward the back of the copier, by holding down both 2 & 8 together and switching on power, hold 2&8 til you see the copier is in download mode.

After choosing iR2270, in the drop down choose "Single", and the orange covered popup window make sure to choose "Network" as the interface. Click the "Start" button in the middle of the SST. If the copier talks to the laptop, as it should, your screen will be able to change till you can see "Format the HDD" in the middle of the SST. Choose that button and drive down till it asks what partition to format, choose "All" since it is a new drive. O.K. the format. When it finishes succesfully, then click on "Return to main menu", and get back to the Main Menu.

At this time the drive is formatted and awaiting your system software. From the iR2270 drop down screen, choose "ALL_HDF". This is a batch file that will take over loading the system software onto the hard drive. Choose "Start Batch File" and once you have the process running, let the SST write the files for you, don't interrupt it while it is working.

When the process is done you are instructed to turn off the copier and restart it. It will now load the system software into the partitions all by itself, it takes a little while. DO NOT TURN OFF COPIER TILL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BY MESSAGES ON THE COPIER SCREEN!!!

That is the process in a nutshell,,, a big nut shell.. Good Luck!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Need SST and OS for Canon IR-3570

"amen" was that in one breath . :)

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    "amen" was that in one breath . :)
    No, Actually two!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    T H A N K S ! ! !

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Still can't get copier to talk to laptop.

IP laptop: 172.16.1.111
    IP copier: 172.16.1.100

It fails w/ the following error:
    Timeout error at RcvRes(). 1stResTO

<<< FileName >>>
    TargetInfo.txt

Module : TestGetFile() - 2

E221

When I set the "network" address in the orange window to 172.16.1.10, I gewt the following:

Can not connect the machine with selected IP address.

Click [OK] button when ready.

Man! this is almost as tough as dealing w/ NCC!!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

I use (172.16.1.101) on my laptop. You should hold down 2&8 upon starting up the machine when you want to upgrade system firmware.
    1&7 is use for when you want to update DCON & RCON. You must enter service mode when you use 1&7. Copier/function/system>ok

Sorry to ask, but are you using a crossover cable?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Still can't get copier to talk to laptop.

IP laptop: 172.16.1.111
    IP copier: 172.16.1.100

It fails w/ the following error:
    Timeout error at RcvRes(). 1stResTO

<<< FileName >>>
    TargetInfo.txt

Module : TestGetFile() - 2

E221

When I set the "network" address in the orange window to 172.16.1.10, I gewt the following:

Can not connect the machine with selected IP address.

Click [OK] button when ready.

Man! this is almost as tough as dealing w/ NCC!!
    ***if your boot rom was never updated from v6.36 to at least 8.38 the auto time out process update was never implemented for the download *28* at startup> also read below:

On the imageRUNNER 4570 / 3570 / 2870 / 2270 >

If a new HDD is installed with a BootRom version lower than v6.36, the system software cannot be installed, and the BootRom cannot be upgraded.

Use a copier BootRom v6.36 or higher to format and install the System Software to the new HDD. The original Bootrom [C or N] now can be upgraded, after flashing the System Software. Be sure the Bootrom is model specific.
    Bring the original BootRom that is lower than v6.36 to a known working machine and flash it to v6.36 or higher. Install the BootRom back into the original machine, format and install the System software.

A 200 code when using SST usually means a missing or corrupted files> I would Uninstall and Re Install SST-make sure u have only ver. on Laptop> Your Code E 221 is a time out/past limit connection between PC & target.

also
    did u use this part #WM2-5216-000 HDD / when u replaced HDD
    + Make sure BOOT ROM is seated in correct position
    Last edited by teckat; 04-03-2010 at 02:32 AM.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Thanks!
    As I back track your post, you do not mention which firmware version your upgrading too?
    Which HDD your using, whats the part# of that HDD. You say your having trouble with formating HD.
    You should see that HD format data file along with the firmware, like, Boot,system,rui,langauge,HD format.
    Once you select HD format it will ask to start to format the HD.
    The question is which hdd are you using?
    If your using a newer type hdd its going to require the hdd data file v11.xx
    If you are using hd format data file v8 on a newer type hdd, its going to fail.
    This is why its important to know which firmware are you using. The latest is v40.xx, which has the v11 HD data format file.
    Earlier firmware versions have v8.xx HD data format file.
    If you don't have any hd data format file, then you must register the hd data file into sst.

Here is the procedure when you are upgrading firmware to a new HDD.

1.Turn off the machine’s power switch.

2.FORMAT all partitions in safe mode and then proceed as follows.

3.While holding down the 2 and 8 keys of the keypad on the copier’s control panel at the same time, turn on the main power switch so that the copier will start in download mode within safe mode.

4.Boot is going to be the first thing.

5.Download System.

6.Download Language.

7.Download RUI.

8.Turn off the machine’s power switch
    9.While holding down the 1 and 7 keys of the keypad of the copier’s control panel, turn on the main power switch and continue to flash DCON&RCON.

10.The mahine will boot up after DCON&RCON is installed.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    First, I should note that this machine is operating normally, except that it sometimes (most times?) shuts down at night when no one is in the office. The errors registered are 602 errors. I've run the built-in HDD check facility and that "holds" it for a few days, but is, of course no long term solution; which is why I'm replacing the HDD.

My firmware is v6.36, so I need to upgrade that.