Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Technician
    Hi guys, I think I might need a firmware update, but one of you probably has the answer...

We all know that when a ITB is dirty or needs replacing that color registration can suffer, and you see where the CMYK images don't line up. Those mis-registers are in the direction the belt travels.

What causes massive color mis-register across the belt, as in left to right? I'm guessing firmware. When I say massive, I mean the colors are 3-5" out of register across the sheet, and again, NOT down the sheet as in head to tail, but across, as in front of machine to back of machine.

The machine prints along just fine, and then whamo! As soon as I stop the paper feed, give it a minute, I can start back up. But it will come back.

Thanks for any info.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    GPR-11 Drums Secret for longer life?

There is a ITB side to side shim adjust in this tech pub for cross-feed movement
    TP03-1.pdf

there is also a Rear rail height position that uses small adjust tools from Canon, but some tech eyeball the adjustment
    An out of position rear rail will cause extreme belt drift on cross-feed area

If a technician mistakenly adjusted the ITB rear support rail while replacing the ITB drive assembly it could cause that symptom. The screws have red paint and should not be adjusted!
    inspect the ITB rear rail.
    If necessary raise the ITB rear rail into it's original position. The ITB rear rail can be seen on page 103-1, item number 2, in the parts catalog. The part number is FB6-2993-000. NOTE: When adjusting a critical area always scribe the part prior to movement. It is imperative that these scribes are made so that the item adjusted can be returned to its original position.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here