Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    GPR-11 Drums Secret for longer life?

if this is such a great find /why is the price now $50.00 ??

and how come the other buyers don't sell the same info for a cheaper price to attract more buyers ???

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    He sold one for 99 cents hes looking for people with other brand machines to try it on and giving them a discount. Try tellig him you have one of the machines he is asking for and maybe can get it for 99cents

Technician
    well... we can say the same thing about service manual and firmware update.... some site sell them and I never found anyone trying to sell those thing cheaper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
    well... we can say the same thing about service manual and firmware update.... some site sell them and I never found anyone trying to sell those thing cheaper!!
    if I bought this system for his now low 50.00 us/ i would sell it for 10.00 us_ and i probably would have over 2000 sales in two weeks/if this system is so great a miracle , why are his sales so low .

+ how do u think u are going to replace depleted starter in these units/he states that u do not open units with this system?

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    Maybe we start up a pot or a kitty for the $50.00 and all become enlightened for a much cheaper price. Say, everyone pitch in $1-$3 bucks? I would much rather be scammed for $3 than $50. But I am very curious. And I am also guessing that it is not a service mode setting because he is willing to let people try it on other brands with different service modes? Hmmm. Maybe he's just telling you to take those drums out once a weak and shake and rotate them to keep the developer moving. Still is not going to save your drum cylinder from wearing.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I sent him a message saying I want to try it on a konica and if he can do it for 99c and I will let him know if it works. I will tell you what his answer is when he responds. Also he claims it is 100 percent satisfaction guaranteed or your money back right in his ad. so if you are not satisfied paypay should refund your money even if he does not.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copyhere View Post
    it's so damn simple you will laugh when you see what it is...... You'll just learn how to do it for 30% less.......There are other copier companies who operate in the same fashion as Canon, and they've all been ripping us off for years. Now you have a way to improve your profits and not have to sacrifice the "genuine" toner/drum products.

My guess is something with the warranty program. He doesn't actually say it will increase the life of the drum or do anything to the copier, but it's incredibly simple. Canon does have a generous warranty program which I'm sure many don't use or know about. Canon will refund a % of the cost of the drum if it doesn't go the expected life. If you get 30k out of a GPR-21 drum and send it back Canon will credit you 50%!!! of the cost of the drum. You just have to send it in and fill out the paper work.

So, If you operated a print shop it might payoff to look at the copies when the drum is 70% of its expected life and say "Hmmm this is unacceptable". Put a new drum in, send the old one back, and have Canon send some money.

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    My guess is something with the warranty program. He doesn't actually say it will increase the life of the drum or do anything to the copier, but it's incredibly simple. Canon does have a generous warranty program which I'm sure many don't use or know about. Canon will refund a % of the cost of the drum if it doesn't go the expected life. If you get 30k out of a GPR-21 drum and send it back Canon will credit you 50%!!! of the cost of the drum. You just have to send it in and fill out the paper work.

So, If you operated a print shop it might payoff to look at the copies when the drum is 70% of its expected life and say "Hmmm this is unacceptable". Put a new drum in, send the old one back, and have Canon send some money.
    that is for only 6% avg. Toner use per copy. if u think u can keep sending drums back to Canon, from one account w/same serial # u r dreaming. all they have to do is look a drum surface to tell, the more % u use the darker it turns.

this is the real world/don't u think print shops have tried that before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I'm not dreaming, I have a customer that has done that regularly for 3+ years with no problems. That's what gave me the idea in the first place. They just send the drum with a sample copy and the paperwork showing when it was put in to get the credit, it's just that easy. Canon has always had a push-over warranty program. They still have a no questions asked for any parts under $300 for dealers (It's like they are just asking to be taken advantage of).
    As for 6%, the drum warranty is just based on 32k (60k for GPR-21) or 120 days, whichever comes 1st. Anyway, Canon would have some problems voiding a warranty by saying a drum looks like it had 7% fill.
    Maybe most print shops do know about it and that's why he has to lower his price. Canon must not be losing too much money otherwise they might screen some of the claims. I think it's just another reason they are known as the Cadillac of copiers.
    Sears Lifetime "no question asked" warranty on Craftsman tools sounds too good to be true but it really is just that simple. I walked in a Sears with 3 rusted old broken nut drivers and they handed me 3 new ones, no receipt, no paperwork. Two weeks later I broke one using it as a hammer and just handed them the broken one and they handed me a new one. I imagine there's a way to make money out of that, if I figure it out I'll list it on e-bay.
    Last edited by D_L_P; 03-05-2010 at 01:58 AM.

they must be sending to a soft Canon Office/ the one in New Jersey is tough on returns/specially from Print Shops

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here