Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Technician
    Good point Tekcat... I mentioned it in my ebay listing, but forgot on this thread. If you are under a service contract DO NOT BUY THIS OR BOTHER WITH IT. This information is only good for end users without service contracts (or independent techs who want to boost profits)

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Teckat - I totally agree, OEM only for my customers. I wouldn't waste my time trying this trick.

msiudy- Next time read for comprehension before you go on a rant
    Quote Originally Posted by msiudy View Post
    ...My business doesn't really have anything to do with this...
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    ...kinda put yourself out of business on EBAY
    ebay that is, not your regular business

Who looks like the ass here, the guy who's giving away good info for free or the guy ridiculing him?
    I'm ridiculing you for being an ass. Everyone here gives away free info, but they can do it minus the attitude.

So if Ricoh was doing this for years, then THEY bought Ikon, why would they then decide that it wasn't a good idea and tell the techs to stop doing this? Geez man, if you're going to make an argument at least apply some logic to it.
    I didn't say Ricoh was doing this for years, I said Ricoh techs were. When Ricoh bought Ikon they (being Ricoh corp.) told the Ikon techs who worked on Ricoh (aka Ricoh techs) to stop using the black drums in color slots to save money. And how is this an argument? I thought it was merely a declarative statement.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hey msiudy I have tested your method and it works for me I then recomended it to some of my customers and it works for them. I am always looking for ways to save my customers money and boost profits. Thanks

Technician
    So Ricoh techs were doing this, not Ricoh? So when Ricoh bought Ikon, Ricoh had no idea that their techs were doing this. Then they arbitrarily decided that they should tell the Ikon techs to not do something they had no knowledge of? Holy crap, where's my turnip truck? WTF?

For the attitude, well... Go back and read the ugly-ass posts about being a scam artist and a "tool"... That will get you attitude. And by the way, since you knew of this, can you send me the link to the post where you shared this info with everyone? (It will have a date stamp on it) Since you've posted 500+ times, surely you've shared this in the past.

I'm really confused though. You said to "teckat", "Teckat - I totally agree, OEM only for my customers. I wouldn't waste my time trying this trick." But you say that Ricoh techs were doing this for years, and that Ricoh told the Ikon reps to stop doing this. And you were privy to an email from Ricoh telling the Ikon techs to stop doing this. So you knew that Ricoh techs were doing this for years, yet you state that "Teckat - I totally agree, OEM only for my customers. I wouldn't waste my time trying this trick." Exactly which side of your mouth are you talking out of this time?

And the FACT is, that in my ebay listing I made it very clear that I use only OEM products. Where is it that I mentioned using some aftermarket crap? The FACT is that I didn't.

I'm sorry for getting you guys all riled up, but damn. Don't criticize someone without having your facts to back it up. I simply sold info that would help people save money, it's called capitalism. Knowledge is power, thus money. You're saying you knew about this and were privy to "insider" email that said "stop doing this". And because I listed it on ebay you guys jumped all over it, and me, although you knew/know nothing about me. Nice. Do you berate the woman riding the electric cart at the grocery store because she doesn't look "disabled"? Maybe she has a heart condition? The point is, you don't know, and when you don't have all the facts it's best to keep your mouth shut. God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason...

Technician

You're welcome copyhere

Glad I could share some info that helps other folks. Good luck and best wishes.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    GPR-11 Drums Secret for longer life?

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    Wow! I have just read through all of the posts on here and you guys are brutal! I see where I've been called some ugly things and accused of being a scammer.

Teckat has been especially disparaging. I know you guys have years of experience and more knowledge than I do, but have you ever been working on something, having a problem, and someone who knows nothing about it walks up and says "hey, why is that thing hanging off the side over there?", then there's your solution. All the while you were banging your head against the wall because you couldn't figure it out, and here comes this guy who points out the OBVIOUS. Yeah, I'm that guy. Sometimes you need to look beyond what you know... it's called perspective. Sometimes you're so close to it that you can't see another point of view. We all do it, but maybe you should try to look beyond. In modern terms it's called "thinking outside the box". It used to be called "listening" or being "open minded". Try it, it's a wonderful tool and you all have it in your tool bag.

Technician
    Point made teckat. case closed.

Technician

I think my REP POWER just surged....

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    GPR-11 Drums Secret for longer life?

now that this has been put to bed,
    it's time for some real support work~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

have a peaceful year
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App