Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    flosswales

WAITING status's progress bar stop moving

Hello
    I have problem with my Canon ir5000i Copier.

The problem is while turning on the copier, the WAITING status's progress bar stop moving while it almost reach 50%. I have asked for technician to check it and search for the possiblities of the source problems. The technician has replace the harddisk and memory and it's still not helped. Please let me know either another hardware should be check. Thanks.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

The tech replaced the HDD with another one or did he replaced and reloaded firmware.
    What about the bootrom. If you reboot the machine hold down 1&9 upon restarting your gonna see a box blinking at the top of the control panel screen. This block will start to drop and fill the whole screen. When done it will show down load mode message. At this point restart the machine. It might start up if not tell your tech to check the boot and or the main controller
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Replace the main controller's DIMM

The technician has replace the harddisk and memory and it's still not helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by medellin View Post
    Replace the main controller's DIMM
    I believe they tried that already.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts SuperTech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flosswales View Post
    I have asked for technician to check it and search for the possiblities of the source problems. The technician has replace the harddisk and memory and it's still not helped. Please let me know either another hardware should be check. Thanks.
    Really, your technician should have YOU looking HERE for a fix. Tell your tech to post here looking for help or another possibility would to find a new tech.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    I believe they tried that already.

flosswales,are you sure you the thecnician really changed the memory?

Is the correct memory type?

I have had this problem 4 or 5 times and the solution has been to change the RAM.

Greets.

flosswales,are you sure you the thecnician really changed the memory?
    That is the ?

I really think this tech isn't sure about what he's doing...

Yes memory could be the solution but so can other components in that system area part of the machine.
    1.HDD
    2.Bootrom
    3.Dimms
    4.Main Controller

When the main power is turned on, the CPU on the main controller PCB loads the system software from the HDD to the work memory (DDR-SDRAM) of the main controller PCB according to the instructions of the boot program stored in the boot ROM.
    While the CPU is initializing the memory or loading the system software, the following graphic will appear on the control panel screen, with a bar indicating the progress of processing under way. This is the first 50% part of the boot up sequence.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I u are the Tech what System Software did u load ???
    The System Software contains two imageRUNNER 5000i versions of System Software> MN-CON, Language and RUI files.
    One choice is "with Controller Upgrade Kit" and the other choice is "without Controller Upgrade Kit".
    To confirm if the kit is installed, inspect the Main Controller for the installation of the Resolution Switching Board in the Riser Board Unit. The Resolution Switching Board is plugged into the Riser Board Unit. The Riser Board Unit is plugged into connector J1013 on the Main Controller. Also DCON can not be flashed/has to be replaced !!!!!!
    Boot Program must see correct System Software half way thru boot up.
    Progress Indicator Bar will indicate the progress of the Boot Program. It will go
    through several stages before bringing the imageRUNNER equipment to a “Ready” state.
    Stages: None ~ 1 of 5:
    On Power-up, the Boot program starts by checking the CPU, Main Controller PCB, SDRAM, and
    HDD, and gives instructions as to supply electrical power for DCON and Option Board (Resolution
    Switch PCB).
    Stages: 1of 5 ~ 2 of 5:
    The Boot program extracts System Software from the HDD and writes it to SDRAM. The Boot
    program executes all the operations mentioned in preparation for the display of the UI (User
    Interface). This theoretically ends the Boot Process.
    Stages: 3 of 5, 4 of 5 and 5 of 5:
    After being booted the System Software starts initialization to check all document information on the
    HDD and reads the default settings. During this process, the progress of the “Progress Indicator Bar”
    increases in accordance to time, not with the UI task. When all the initialization operations finish
    normally, the machine comes into a “Ready” state and displays the UI. This realistically ends the
    Boot process.
    Check for :
    1.Defective Boot DIMM (swap with a known working Boot DIMM)
    2.Defective RAM (swap with known working RAM)
    3.Defective or Corrupt System Software (re-format HDD and re-load System Software)
    4.Defective HDD (replace HDD and perform full format then load System Software)
    5.Defective Resolution Switch PCB (“Send” enabled models only)
    6.Defective Main Controller (replace Main Controller with a New Main Controller)

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    That is the ?
    Hey, sorry for my bad english

flosswales
    Hi all, first at all I am so happy that I can get the answer so quick ( sorry my english is not to good... hope u understand with what I'm talking about) and very detail from my point.

Medelin, what I saw when the tech checking the copier is he replacing the memory ( as he said to me ) with another memory taken from ir6000 copier. Do you mean the memory is something like the memory using in the computer?

Teckat, sorry i'm not a tech. But I'll confirm your info with my tech ( hope he understand ) coz they seems so technically that I can't understand.

Screwtape, seems that I will try ur approach for diagnosing the problem. Thanks

FYI, the tech while checking the ir5000i copier has using another hardware that, most of them, come from ir6000's copier except the harddisk which bought from the third parties. The harddisk it self cost 1 million IDR or equivalent with 100 bucks. The harddisk itself has already contain the programs that can run the copier. But I have one question, does the program run so sensitive as I heard from my tech, the third party needs to know exactly the copier type and also the equipment installed on the copier so they can decide which programs should be installed...

Once again, thanks for your valuable information....