Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

iR2030i Scan To E-mail Problem

Hi

I have an iR2030i with a strange problem with the scan to e-mail. My customer makes use of an ISP's SMTP server. I've configured the device with the SMTP's IP Address, and all other relevant info. When trying to scan, it gets through to the mail server, but for some unknown reason refuses to deliver the mail and its attachment. Instead the Data lght just keeps on flickering for about 30 minutes or so, and then it prints an error.

I've checked, double-checked, and then re-checked all settings, and I guarantee all is 100%. The funny thing is, this customer has an old Nashua and it scans without any problem. Whats more, I've connected the IR to another ISP's SMTP, and through that it scans fine. If only i could rather use that SMTP.

Cant argue thats its a problem with the ISP's SMTP... why would the nashua scan then? Cant raise suspicion that it may be a compatibility issue between the iR's System Software and the SMTP... They'll just tell me to strap the machine to my back and get out of there. Tried the SMB and FTP route (which works fine), but my customer insists on scan to mail and nothing else.

Like I said, all settings have been tripple checked. I even configured the machine identcal to the Nashua. Couldn't upgrade System software because it already had the latest, but i did re-install it. Only thing that i didn't check is that it uses SMTP port number 25, but i doubt this is the problem, as my customer has 6 iR2030i's on different sites. two of these on one ISP, the other four on another ISP, and only the two have the same problem.

Any Ideas?

Technician
    Hi
    Do you know if the ISP is using SMTP Authentication?

Professional Print 100+ Posts
    sorry can you tell me plz
    LDAP supported with this machine or not?
    thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

2 Things to try. Make sure that the ISP actually has a true SMTP server or whether they are just simply relaying POP e-mail. Also if it is true SMTP try turning on BiDirectional Communication. Custom setting, RAW Print settings.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies guys. To Answer some of your questions (1) Yes it is a true SMTP. (2) there is no authentication. I'm sure of the aforementioned, as the problem seems to be specific to this model. I've done a test with an iR2270 at my office, pointing it to my customer's SMTP, and using the same account settings, and it worked with no problems. (3) as for the bi directional comm. I can't say if that will work... I may be wrong but as i understand it, that only to do with printing, but then again i may be wrong. (4) I'm not sure if the iR2030i supports LDAP. I'll look it up and let you know.

To update you guys on this problem... I got lucky. My customer's I.T. decided to change their ISP. As mentioned in my initial post, they have 6 branches., 4 on one ISP, and then 2 on the ISP that i have the scanning problem with. Now that all 6 branches are using the same ISP, no more problems. Thx for your suggestions anyway.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thats Great.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    So once again,,, it was really an IT issue, and not a hardware issue... big surprise there...