Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question Network Canon ir c2620

My It guy downloaded the driver for Windows XP for the canon ir C2620 color copier installed the hard wire to ether net port, but unable to locate the administrator's menu on the console of the copier in order to set up IP address for the Server to find. The scan and print features are installed and the copier did not come with any software aplications or software manuals. Does this have a "keystroke" in order to get into the Administrators menu? Can the Software notes or manual be down loaded like Sharp copiers? any help would be appreciated,Thanks,Steve

Try pressing the star mode on copie(* KEYS ON CONTROL PANEL) will take you to menu, and select system setup-network setup -ip address- than you can setup from there or select dhcp on and will pick up the network ip and install the drivers on pc.
    OR INPUT IP ADDRESS AND GATEWAY ADDRESS AND INSTALL THE SET UP PROGRAM FOR THE DRIVERS DOWNLOADED FOR XP.

I hope this guides you in the right path..

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Network Canon ir c2620

Make sure that if you have a fiery, you would have to set up network configurations thru the fiery. If you look at the back of the copier they would be box that is attach, this is your fiery. If not, follow what Apollo mention, under additional functions,system setting.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Networking the Canon

Thanks, I will relay this information to my IT personnel. Steve

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question RE: Netwok Canon ir c2620

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Make sure that if you have a fiery, you would have to set up network configurations thru the fiery. If you look at the back of the copier they would be box that is attach, this is your fiery. If not, follow what Apollo mention, under additional functions,system setting.
    As you mentioned It had a IKON Fiery box,D8Y1F. Now as far as the way this is to be cabled the connection on the side it has two ports and one I see is a "network" and the other is an icon of a "printer" how would the cabling be set up for the Fiery to the main copier and them the a Router to the side next to the parallel connection? On the very bottom of the console (operaton screen panal) it has a Warning triangle with the caption "check the Network connections".When I followed the menu to the picture of the copier to the left it had two areas Scanner then below it Printer.with nothing in them.

I followed the other route....the left-facing head with the "star' symbol (pressed) to the "select system setup,then Network setup..pressed tat which lead me to "TCP/IP settings...I pressed that which sent me to a new menu SNTP Settings or Use PASV Mod for FTP.....On or Off?
    Is this the correct path to install the TCP/IP,Sub mask,Gateway,ect?
    And if I had the Network Quick start guide, it would more than likely telll me were to install the CAT 5/ether net cable from one point to another. As well as CD's (Remote UI Guide,Network Guide,Color NetWork ScanGear User's Guide,PS/PCL/UFR Printer Guide,PCL Guide,PS Driver Guide,UFR Driver Guide.....Probably would be able to down load some of them, but maybe not Network Guide. ...
    As far as being able to set up the TCP/IP would any of what I explained to you be "on the right path"? Were to next....Thanks for your help,Steve

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Not aware of this IKON print server, but will make a leap of faith here,,, the network connector on the server is attached to the customer network, the printer connector goes to the copier via a crossover cable, the network settings are not setup under additional functions, but under the printer tab on the display panel. Also the copier under service mode>copier>options>int-face> should be set to 3. Be sure to reboot copier after making this change so the printer tab will show up on the display. network configuration occurs under setup in the printer tab.

Network Canon ir c2620

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Cycle View Post
    As you mentioned It had a IKON Fiery box,D8Y1F. Now as far as the way this is to be cabled the connection on the side it has two ports and one I see is a "network" and the other is an icon of a "printer" how would the cabling be set up for the Fiery to the main copier and them the a Router to the side next to the parallel connection? On the very bottom of the console (operator screen panel) it has a Warning triangle with the caption "check the Network connections".When I followed the menu to the picture of the copier to the left it had two areas Scanner then below it Printer.with nothing in them.

I followed the other route....the left-facing head with the "star' symbol (pressed) to the "select system setup,then Network setup..pressed tat which lead me to "TCP/IP settings...I pressed that which sent me to a new menu SNTP Settings or Use PASV Mod for FTP.....On or Off?
    Is this the correct path to install the TCP/IP,Sub mask,Gateway,ect?
    And if I had the Network Quick start guide, it would more than likely tell me were to install the CAT 5/ether net cable from one point to another. As well as CDs (Remote UI Guide,Network Guide,Color NetWork ScanGear User's Guide,PS/PCL/UFR Printer Guide,PCL Guide,PS Driver Guide,UFR Driver Guide.....Probably would be able to down load some of them, but maybe not Network Guide. ...
    As far as being able to set up the TCP/IP would any of what I explained to you be "on the right path"? Were to next....Thanks for your help,Steve
    Its not a IKON fiery, its a EFI controller(AKA) ImagePass C1 or C2. Mr Fixit gave you the right direction on how approach the situation. However, If the menu SNTP Settings or Use PASV Mod for FTP is what you see then your interface setting for IMG-CONT is set to 3 already. You can skip this step.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question Network Canon ir c2620

Okay then how can I get to the rest of the way .....to install IP address, Gateway, Submask,ect.? Thanks guys,Regards,Steve

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinercylr View Post
    Okay then how can I get to the rest of the way .....to install IP address, Gateway, Submask,ect.? Thanks guys,Regards,Steve
    I have already replied to your question,, reread my answer. Network settings are made from the printer interface screen.

Walk up to copier,
    press printer on the display screen,
    press function,
    find setup and make the network settings there.
    Network settings are made on the C1, that is why you are in the printer screen,
    with a C1 installed, network settings are not made under additional functions on
    the copier

Network Canon ir c2620

Machine Cylr, let me enlighten you a little more. Since you have a imagepass, all printing is done from that box on the back of the 2620. The fiery then communicates with the machine to print out your documents. Just follow instructions and stop asking questions. I mean this in a sincere way. Your almost there. Good luck.