Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician 250+ Posts

Unhappy Advance C5051 Reader DOA issue

Of 4 Adv C5051 systems delivered within last month, 2 have had reader boards DOA. First one "can not be repaired" by Nationwide - have not sent 2nd one yet as it just happened today.

Client is not amused.

Have you guys had (or heard) of this being an issue - or are we just lucky?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Advance C5051 Reader DOA issue

Quote Originally Posted by costd View Post
    Of 4 Adv C5051 systems delivered within last month, 2 have had reader boards DOA. First one "can not be repaired" by Nationwide - have not sent 2nd one yet as it just happened today.

Client is not amused.

Have you guys had (or heard) of this being an issue - or are we just lucky?

U better call Canon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technician 250+ Posts
    LOL. At least I think you meant it as a ha ha as any real tech would have been down that road on the first one. Hard to tell when someone is jesting on a message board.

Then again, with 117 posts in about a month, maybe not.

LOL. At least I think you meant it as a ha ha as any real tech would have been down that road on the first one. Hard to tell when someone is jesting on a message board.

Then again, with 117 posts in about a month, maybe not.
    what was error code or message on control panel ??/no reports on your issue /
    could be a lemo
    n>
    if out of warranty >>> send to Circuit Board Repair by Hytec Dealer Services, Inc.

they repair it all ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ # 1 / u can call them/ first rate help !!

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    I would think that the Reader Controller board would cost more than $300 and is certainly under warranty if so... We have not experienced that yet with ours. Has Canon TAC had any problems with this in their database? All 4 copiers at the same account? I imagine they are wondering about their purchase decision if that is the case. But it will also give you a chance to shine for them as a service provider depending on how you handle their issues.

Technician 250+ Posts
    Canon says "first time it ever happened". Warranty does cover it (DOA), but Canon's solution is send the board in for repair to Hytec (they are the ones that labeled it un-repairable) and Canon pays for the repair. No advance exchange. Kicked ourselves in the shins by having the units shipped directly to the client and doing the installation onsite. Status is item 1 on the client's daily morning agenda. Pucker time.

Since they were DOA, client still has not accepted delivery of them. Our service manager is still collecting information from the tech that installed the units - but I think I see a common thread on both DOA units. Will post back if, on the off chance, I am right.

btw: Eariler post I said Nationwide - should have been Hytech.

The only issue we've had with the New IRC ADV is the Inner A1 finisher
    Been through the modded gripper unit's and even swapped the finisher for another one

Had to swap the Inner finisher for an Ext. to keep the customer happy

But so far, (fingers crossed) no DOA issues

Canon says "first time it ever happened". Warranty does cover it (DOA), but Canon's solution is send the board in for repair to Hytec (they are the ones that labeled it un-repairable) and Canon pays for the repair. No advance exchange. Kicked ourselves in the shins by having the units shipped directly to the client and doing the installation onsite. Status is item 1 on the client's daily morning agenda. Pucker time.

Since they were DOA, client still has not accepted delivery of them. Our service manager is still collecting information from the tech that installed the units - but I think I see a common thread on both DOA units. Will post back if, on the off chance, I am right.

btw: Eariler post I said Nationwide - should have been Hytech.
    btw have u seen this>
    The reader is not being detected correctly on the iR Advanced 5051 series machine.

If the copier does not recognize the Duplex Color Image Reader Unit B1, check the service mode to see if it is set to the correct image reader.

Service mode > Copier > Options > Custom > SCANTYPE = 1 for Duplex Color Image Reader Unit B1. Zero (0) is for the Color Image Reader B1. After changing this setting the unit must be power cycled for the setting to take affect. When the problem occurs the machine comes to ready and will make test prints and will accept print jobs from a PC but it cannot make a copy off of the glass or through the document feeder. The default is zero (0), which sets the copier to Color Image Reader B1. The copier should automatically detect the reader type but if it does not this problem occurs. The solution would be to change the values in service mode manually.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Kicked ourselves in the shins by having the units shipped directly to the client and doing the installation onsite. Status is item 1 on the client's daily morning agenda. Pucker time.
    I feel your pain brother... we do all our setups in the shop,,, just to protect ourselves from that kind of thing. I got an E613-1536 yesterday setting up a iRAC5035 unit with all the toys including an ImagePASS, to replace a 3200 in my territory, and ended my day moaning over the problem. Salesman forgot to order 512k ram for the copier side of the ImagePASS requirements,,, we stole it from a unit on the demo floor to quickly resolve the issue...
    Last edited by mrfixit51; 02-18-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Technician 250+ Posts
    MrFixit; Yeah, that is what we do in our shop also - same company different shop, and was advised a little while ago that since that tech went to the school, he does not need my assistance. Silly me. If A+B-C=no op, and A+B+C=op - I just figured (without going to school) that C just might have something to do with it. Thanks for your efforts.