Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mylesm

Canon 5770 "Download Standby" / "Download Connected" Error

Canon 5770

Displays "download stanby" when powered up and if connected to anything it says "download connected"

I've tried downloading the firmware update from canon's website, and it claims to have worked, however no change in the machine.
    I also tried shorting the Battery to reset the settings and no success.

Someone suggested SST tools, I believe it's only for Image Runner machines, Will SST work with an Imageclass 5770 via USB?

If so, can somebody provide me with SST?

Thanks,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

no on the SST

**if the 5770 is hooked up to a computer, u need a crossover cable

mylesm
    Are you referring to the Ethernet connection? how would a cross over cable help? I can't even get into the menu's to assign it an IP address.

I've been trying to upgrade the firmware via USB with the firmware update utility from canon's website.

Quote Originally Posted by mylesm View Post
    Are you referring to the Ethernet connection? how would a cross over cable help? I can't even get into the menu's to assign it an IP address.

I've been trying to upgrade the firmware via USB with the firmware update utility from canon's website.
    u can not use SST on this model !!!!!!!
    u mean this web site >>>Canon imageCLASS MF5770

Technician 250+ Posts
    Right up front, I do not have any experience on this specific model - but have had to deal with a number of other ImageClass units.

ImageClass units are considered consumer grade units. As such, any board work (such as system software) requires board replacement and cannot be updated in the field. Canon support tells me it is because Japan has not allowed the required support software out of country. A number of the IC series are reworked iR units so they share many/most parts, but not system software or the process to update it.

Seems like you are on the right track (reloading system software) but I believe with the IC models you will need to replace the board. Good news is, if it is within the 1st year, just call the 800 support number and they can tell you the process to get a free new board.

mylesm
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    u mean this web site >>>Canon imageCLASS MF5770
    That is correct, that is the firmware update program that I tried to use. No success. Only change on the machine is a little star that appears while trying to upload firmware.

The machine is past it's warranty period, and so far, all searches for a replacement board have yielded a cost of about 500. Way more than the machine is worth at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mylesm View Post
    That is correct, that is the firmware update program that I tried to use. No success. Only change on the machine is a little star that appears while trying to upload firmware.

The machine is past it's warranty period, and so far, all searches for a replacement board have yielded a cost of about 500. Way more than the machine is worth at this point.
    stupid question> who told u the board is bad ????

u probably have tried this >unplugging and replugging the power cord

too bad your choice of printing is network or USB on this pig !!!
    have u tried calling HYTEC-Free Technical Support 1-888-883-2001 John McCabe x 3087

if u need any or all manuals for this printer u can download free at >Canon MF5770 Manuals, Support and Troubleshooting - imageCLASS Multifunction Printers

mylesm
    stupid question> who told u the board is bad ????
    Costd Just did 2 posts up. As did other forums such as Fixya.

Quote Originally Posted by costd View Post
    As such, any board work (such as system software) requires board replacement and cannot be updated in the field. Canon support tells me it is because Japan has not allowed the required support software out of country. A number of the IC series are reworked iR units so they share many/most parts, but not system software or the process to update it.[/FONT]
    u probably have tried this >unplugging and replugging the power cord
    Tried this numerous times over numerous days.

****don't believe everything written everywhere/ unless u are a tech. or know how to check for Voltage & Signals on Pcb's.
    I would wait and see. Some techs just take the easy way out and end up replacing Pcb's / when in fact it could just be a bad or lose connection /broken wire on the Pcb. As a Canon Color Senior Troubleshooter I know to well about quick fixes.

did u call HYTEC ?????

Technician 250+ Posts
    I agree, do not believe everything that is written - nor take what is written out of context. Please post what the final fix is/was once you have it done so those of us not so well trained may learn.