Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 250+ Posts

E197 Winner! or this tech is going to go insane!!!!

I have a 7086 that gets a e197-0000 code after about 100 copies. I noticed that after about 75 copies there is one copy that has the trail edge of the image cut off completely. I checked bulletins and lucky for me I had another 7086 that I could pick parts off of. Here is the laundry list of parts that I swapped and still I get the error!
    Laser unit, whole fusing unit, all carona units, dc controller, main controller with video card and harness, and also the other video card near the display arm, also cut the wire ties to both video cards, WTF!!! the only other things on the entire machine seem to be the power supply and the AP assembly! Has anybody seen anything like this and survived? AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E197 Winner! or this tech is going to go insane!!!!

The error code E197-0000 (laser scanner motor communication error)

The tube protecting the crimp terminal on the end of the bias cable that is connected to the transfer guide in the
    rear side of the Registration - Transfer Assembly moves downward, and the uncovered metal portion of the
    terminal comes into contact with the screw . This causes electrical noise, leading to E197-0000.

When symptom is noticed, cover the metal portion of the crimp
    terminal of the bias cable with the protection tube completely.

Also !!!!!!

what about the Conversion Cable
    ?????

Technician 250+ Posts
    Thanks for the help, will try the cable and look at the transfer area today. I will update results.

Technician 250+ Posts
    Well, I checked that bias cable and it seemed okay. I swapped the whole bed and my problem is solved. Something in the bed wiring was causing the issue. As I was lucky enough to get the whole bed assembly, I will call it a day with that.