Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    idanmen

ir 4570 jamed paper

please help me, why ir 4570 always jam at fixing unit,if use paper size a3/a4 potrait, and it use double side. . .

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    ir 4570 jamed paper

Quote Originally Posted by idanmen View Post
    please help me, why ir 4570 always jam at fixing unit,if use paper size a3/a4 potrait, and it use double side. . .
    There is a lot of info in this canon forum that could give you a direction on parts that you could change and
    areas where to look at. If it jams coming out of the fixing unit check the delivery flapper on the right side door. There are two felt pads on the ends of where that flapper rests on. Over due time they get sticky and the flapper does not open up easy to let the paper pass out of the fixing unit so it crashes. This could be one of the issues, there are many more reasons why this machine jams. Check that out and search the canon forum for more answers.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

idanmen
    I m sowry before, cause I m newer,,, its happen when double side, if 1side its work normally and not jams. can you explain more...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir 4570 jamed paper

I m sowry before, cause I m newer,,, its happen when double side, if 1side its work normally and not jams. can you explain more...
    jam BALT..jpgthat is pad circled in red - "SCREWTAPE was talking about"

just to add **( new type foam pad is FC5-7244-000)
    and check the Duplex guide on right side door, it is the top black guide
    also check the lower deflector guide, i think it is controlled by SL 3

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Felt Pad

Hi,

Further to other replies a diagram is attached and part number for felt pad that you can stick on the lower cover assy that helps with adding more pressure on vertical patch rollers and helps with 01-07 and other feed issues.

regards,

Shazza
    Attached Files Attached Files

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    ir 4570 jamed paper

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    jam BALT..jpgthat is pad circled in red - "SCREWTAPE was talking about"

just to add **( new type foam pad is FC5-7244-000)
    and check the Duplex guide on right side door, it is the top black guide
    also check the lower deflector guide, i think it is controlled by SL 3
    That is not what I'm talking about.
    That is not the delivery flapper, that is the right lower door B which is not at all what i'm refering too!
    That new type foam pad is old and no longer something i would suggest. There is a newer type right lower door and a inner door assy that relieved jamming at the pick up feed area.

Duplex jams.. I would look at the 3 way delivery unit. There a little spring on the flapper, 3RD paper delivery that sometimes breaks off causing duplex jams.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

idanmen
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    That is not what I'm talking about.
    That is not the delivery flapper, that is the right lower door B which is not at all what i'm refering too!
    That new type foam pad is old and no longer something i would suggest. There is a newer type right lower door and a inner door assy that relieved jamming at the pick up feed area.

Duplex jams.. I would look at the 3 way delivery unit. There a little spring on the flapper, 3RD paper delivery that sometimes breaks off causing duplex jams.

please, can you show me with a diagram.. tanks,,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir 4570 jamed paper

three way unit..jpg
    SL 3, in the 3 Way unit A-1 not moving the deflector guide it is attached to.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    can you post a jam code.maybe it has same issue with mine.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

Smiley....
    Don't forget...duplex only jams are caused 90%of the time by the duplex unit which is mounted on the RH side door itself.
    Screwy was correct...those flappers in the duplex are flimsy and I've seen them snap lugs and drop springs plenty of times...also check the solenoids for the reversing flapper.
    If it's playing up it will let single side jobs pass but if the solenoid is stuck it won't open to redirect the paper back through the fuser for the second side.
    Check SL1 SL2 and SL3 in the above diagram.