Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    hi guys i saw this troble alot of time when im using bandit toner for 3200 the cleaning brush comes off quickly. and the toner are over toned and one could be the drum it self.1st thing i would do if the drum life is lesser than 100% i will first replace the cleaning brush second i will adjust service mode level 2 adjust dens, toner paramiter of magenta in negative 3 and off and on the machine and do dev cleaning in service mode level one funtion cleaning maybe 5 times or more untill background dis apear. but the easy thing to do is to replace drum unit.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Isebella View Post
    What is your drum yield/lifespan like?
    The yield on the drums is Y=61, M=62, C=62, and K=44.

I was trying to get the machine to run right, and also trying to get it in good shape for an inspection by Canon so I can get a service contract from them. Canon was out the other day and inspected the machine. They want me to replace the cyan drum and a couple feed tires before they put me under contract. The service tech said the magenta drum was starting to get a little marginal, but he wasn't going to require that to be replaced before they put me under service contract. Since it's only going to cost about $300 - $350 to get the machine in shape for them to put it under a service contract I'm going to go ahead and do it and get a service contract from Canon.

They sent me out a really nice service tech who was willing to answer questions. I asked him about tips for running the machine. I told him I already knew about the paper setting in both the driver and on the machine and that I had just learned about running the full gradation adjustment. He showed me how to calibrate my imagePASS-C1. I ordered a Kodak Color Separation Guide and Gray Scale (Small) part number 1527654 from B&H Photo Video yesterday for doing the calibration.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    The importance of a full auto gradation cannot be over emphasized,,, this should be done at least once a day,, and more often if you notice color issues as you use the machine. Always try the auto gradation before placing a call for service!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Problem printing color on Canon C3200

Never neglect replacing drums when there is overtoning and or because of cost to your pocket. It will cost you more if the developer from the drum start leaking out on to the ITB causing you more issues to your machine. Bad drums will also eat up toner.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

The overtoning problem got fixed by my doing the full gradation adjustment. When Canon came out the service tech printed off a test page of bars of each color toner. He had a name for it, but I forget what it was called. He looked at that and the edges of the cyan bars had a little white in them, so he told me I needed to replace the cyan drum before they would put me under a service contract. He said the magenta drum was a little marginal, but that it didn't need to be replaced yet. I'm pretty sure if the magenta drum needed to be replaced he would have said I had to replace that also so it was my cost instead of Canon's. I'm currently working out the details on getting a service contract with Canon. I'm guessing within a week or two I'll be under a service contract with them. From then on fixing the copier is Canon's problem and I can get working on getting some business for the copier.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

OK..

Good luck with your 3200.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Thank you Screwtape. I hope I didn't come off as though I wasn't interested in advice because that isn't the case. I'm very interested in learning more about the machine because I'm hoping to earn a living with it. It's more I really want to get my servicing done by professionals that know what they are doing. Let me elaborate on that. I got my first service contract from the guy who got me the machine. He pretty much didn't have a clue about the machine. When it was delivered he didn't even plug in the cords right. If I remember right the way he plugged in the cords I only had power to the main unit, and no power to the finisher or the base with the two extra paper drawers. I had him out once because I was having a feeding problem. I showed him exactly where the problem was occuring. With the finisher attached this copier feeds the paper part way out under the scanner and then takes it back in and then the paper exits out the finisher and that's where I was having the feed problem. He cleaned all the rollers in the finisher. I still had the feed problem after he left. I figured out there was a set of rollers right where the paper was coming out under the scanner and cleaned them myself and fixed the problem. One time when he was out he tried to get into the service menu and couldn't. I finally asked him to let me look at the documentation. He was pressing asterick, 2 8, asterick over and over again. I looked at the documentation and told him he was pressing the wrong key. It should be special function, 2 8, special function. I had him out before because I was having a problem like this on another job. He told me it was the paper. I'm betting it was the same thing as this time, I needed to do the full gradation adjustment. I started having a problem with my imagePASS-C1. First he's trying to tell me we just put a surge protector on the machine and maybe it died because I didn't have one on it before. He was just trying to get out of paying for it, or get out of having to deal with it because he didn't know what he was doing. So, I went and bought a used imagePASS-C1 from someone else. Only they gave me a version 2.1 instead of the version 2.0 I had. I kept getting a red error screen. They had me try all kinds of stuff. Sent me out a new boot rom and hard drive for the copier which I ended up changing myself. Then they came out with a different imagePASS-C1 to try. Claimed it was tested before they brought it out. It wouldn't even turn on. We ended up swapping power supplies between the two C1's and finally discovered that a board in the C1 he bought out was bad and just bypassed it. Got the C1 he brought out running. Once we connected it, same thing, error screen. They finally found a version 2.0 C1, they had only 1 that was a 2.0. They bring that out connect it up and everything is perfect. Well, except for one thing, since it was used it was password protected. Their plan was then to bring out a new hard drive to get around that. I finally just ended up spending the rest of the evening hacking the password on the imagePASS-C1 they brought out. It took me a month to get the imagePASS replaced and working. The Canon guy comes out to do the inspection and he knows exactly what he is doing. He whips out his little Kodak card and shows me how to calibrate the imagePASS-C1. No looking at manuals, no guess work. He knows what he is doing. I didn't mean to come off short with you if that's the way you took it. I am interested in learning tricks to using the machine. It's more that I need to work on ways to market my business rather than spend months figuring out how to fix this machine. So, I really want to leave the repairs on the machine to someone that knows what they are doing and get to work on finding customers to sell printing to and make some money. Tips and tricks for using the machine I'm still very interested in learning. But, I'd really like to leave repairing the machine to a professional.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

99% of the time tech's/ & end users are told to use (Fiery.1) as the password, because of situations like yours. Easy to remember. Good hack,most of the time u have to reload Firey software to input a new password .

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    99% of the time tech's/ & end users are told to use (Fiery.1) as the password, because of situations like yours. Easy to remember. Good hack,most of the time u have to reload Firey software to input a new password .
    Then I must be in the special 1% that didn't use Fiery.1. It's good to be special. I forget what the password was, probably still have it printed out somewhere downstairs. It was 4 numbers as I recall. Reloading the fiery software wasn't an option because I don't have the fiery software. I can't really take credit for the hack since I just downloaded the password1.ps file from a copier tech site, probably this one. The only thing I actually did was find a program on the web that could print the ps file. I tried to get fiery downloader to work, but never could. Even used some crazy smtp program I think it was to try and find the queue name. Found what I thought was the queue name, but it wouldn't work. Finally decided to just look for a program that could print ps files and found one called PrintFile that worked. Although it was kind of fun getting it to work. I did also suprise the copier tech from the place I bought the used fiery from by cracking the password myself. When I talked to him on the phone I told him I decided the solution was to just crack the fiery password. He kind of paused and then started to hem and haw because he didn't know how to crack the fiery password and then I told him I already took care of it. Then he wanted to know how I did it. So, I sent him the files and a description of how to use them. It's always fun when I get someone who is supposed to be an expert asking me for help.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

just a simple question that is it the drum of ir3300 can be use in irc3200?