Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irc 3100

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Irc 3100

Zak works to hard !!!!!!!!!!
    Normally i would not out post a service mode procedure, because most end users mess things up, specially Print Shop owners, they will try to fix anything , i felt sorry for him/

zak
    a big thanks to all we're up n running .
    Zak

mexuber

ir 3100cn

i have a problem wit my machine, it appear E020-01a8&E20-02A1.. what should i do? i try replace ATR sensor, but it seen appear same error code.

Irc 3100

Quote Originally Posted by mexuber View Post
    i have a problem wit my machine, it appear E020-01a8&E20-02A1.. what should i do? i try replace ATR sensor, but it seen appear same error code.
    Trouble Shooting error code E020-xx10, xx11, xx12, xx90, xx91, xx92, xx93, xxA0, xxA2, xxA8, xxA9.

There are several things that can cause E020's; ATR Sensor, Patch Image Read Sensor, weak Developer, DC Controller and Drum Unit.
    Some simple trouble shooting can help you isolate the problem.

1. If possible make 10 color copies to force the ATR sensor to take readings. Then compare the SGNL reading for the color that is generating the error and additional colors in Service Mode; COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M with the Initialization setting in COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M.

COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M arethe ATR Sensor readings of the Developer in its present condition and should be within +/- 100 of the Initialization settings.

COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M arethe Initialization settings that the copier maintains and are usually between 400 and 650

2. If the Initialization setting is outside these numbers the Developer Unit will need to be replaced.

When replacing the Developer Unit, make sure to execute:
    - COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>STIR-Y/C/M
    - COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>INIT-Y/C/M
    - COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>SPLY-H-Y/C/M

After Initializing the Developer Units print a P-print and keep with the copier.
    -COPIER>FUNCTION>MISC-P>P-PRINT

3. If the ATR Sensor reading is over +/-100 of the Initialization setting; the ATR Sensor, Patch Image Read Sensor, Drum Unit and DC Controller are suspect.

Check the status of the Drum Unit under COPIER>DISPLAY>MISC>DRUM-LIFE. The Patch Image Read Sensor looks at a patch of toner that is generated on the drum for each color and determines the amount of toner that is in the patch by the amount of reflected light. If the drum is not creating the patch correctly, the patch reading will be affected. Replace the Drum Unit if it is close to or over 100% of its rated life.
    If the Drum Unit is not close to or over its rated life, replace the ATR Sensor and Patch Image Read Sensor. If the error continues replace the DC Controller.

5. If over toning continues to occur the Toner Supply Clutch (CL7) may be sticking and need to be replaced.

ATR Sensor Assembly PN: FM2-0096-000
    Patch Image Read Sensor PN: FH7-7629-020
    Developer Assembly (Black) PN: FM2-1751-000
    Developer Assembly (Yellow) PN: FM2-1752-000
    Developer Assembly (Magenta) PN: FM2-1753-000
    Developer Assembly (Cyan) PN: FM2-1754-000
    GPR-13 Drum Unit PN: 8644A004AB
    DC Controller PCB Assembly (IRC3100) PN: FG3-3846-030
    DC Controller PCB Assembly (IRC3170) PN: FG3-3847-000
    Toner Supply Clutch (CL7) PN: FH6-5005-020

*** The ATR Sensor and Patch Image Read Sensor both determine toner density. Depending on the density readings the copier will or will not add toner. Check the status of the Drum Unit under COPIER>DISPLAY>MISC>DRUM-LIFE. The Patch Image Read Sensor looks at a patch of toner that is generated on the drum for each color and determines the amount of toner that is in the patch by the amount of reflected light. If the drum is not creating the patch correctly, the patch reading will be affected.
    Replace the Drum Unit if it is 80% of its rated life or higher.

or
    perform the following field remedy to adjust the toner/developer ratio (T/D ratio) inside the developing assembly close to the normal level by supplying toner for the specified developing assembly.

1. Turn the control panel switch OFF > turn the main power switch OFF/ON.
    2. Go in Service mode > COPIER > Function > INSTALL > SPLY-H-"X" ("X" means the problematic color: "1" is Yellow, "2" is Magenta, and "3" is Cyan.) > Highlight OK.
    3. If the symptom still occurs, replace the developing assembly with a new one.

Note: Never change the setting values for [SGNL-Y] through [REF-D] under [Service mode > COPIER > Adjust > DENS]. Also never perform the following service mode item when the error code has been displayed; [Service mode > COPIER > Function > INSTALL > INIT].

mexuber

ir 3570/4570

thanks man..
    i have another problem.. now i`m playing wit canon ir3570/4570 and i have major problem while i`m using duplex mode, it seem paper always stuck when the second copy applied. the paper will stuck inside drum unit after a few copies. i`m using 70gsm paper. it only stuck when i`m using A4 mode but not in A4r mode. any idea how could i solve this problem? should i change the paper weight or make any adjustment on the machine?

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    thanks man..
    i have another problem.. now i`m playing wit canon ir3570/4570 and i have major problem while i`m using duplex mode, it seem paper always stuck when the second copy applied. the paper will stuck inside drum unit after a few copies. i`m using 70gsm paper. it only stuck when i`m using A4 mode but not in A4r mode. any idea how could i solve this problem? should i change the paper weight or make any adjustment on the machine?
    This would be best handled by starting a new message thread, rather than posting in an unrelated iRC3100 message thread.

I have sent you a personal message regarding this at any rate...

Irc 3100

thanks man..

first= what are the Jam or Error codes ?
    next= have u switched A4 to the A4R tray to check duplex from either tray
    70gms is a little light for duplexing/20lb=80gms/24lb = 90gms better

many things contribute to Duplex Jamming on this series of printers/ Jame codes are important/ shows if it is a Delay Jam 01xx / or Stationary 02xx- screen also shows location area
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Irc 3100

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    This would be best handled by starting a new message thread, rather than posting in an unrelated iRC3100 message thread.

I have sent you a personal message regarding this at any rate...

good point, missed that'

mexuber
    oh.. sorry i`m newbie, can you teach me how to starting a new message thread.. thanks a lot guys..

Irc 3100

oh.. sorry i`m newbie, can you teach me how to starting a new message thread.. thanks a lot guys..

follow procedure below> select tabs below as u go along
    # Forum
    # Technical Forums
    # Copier Technical Discussion
    # Canon
    # Post New Thread

Forum>
    select Link-Technical Forums/
    then select-Copier Technical Discussion
    next select> Canon
    next select> Post New Thread
    in Title> put in Machine Model #number.
    then >write a small message explaining issue.
    when finished /on bottom of message window >select >Submit New Thread