Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IR C3170

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR C3170

IR C3170

As much as I don't want to I have to work on this machine. I don't do too much color. The patch sensor is getting very dirty. Alot of dusting in dv area especially magenta. DV's have about 60K on them. Are these difficult to replace and do they last. After a quick look I'm thinking they just unscrew from the big cylinder. If I do this job I get a decent sale on a second machine, b/w backup. TIA

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR C3170

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    As much as I don't want to I have to work on this machine. I don't do too much color. The patch sensor is getting very dirty. Alot of dusting in dv area especially magenta. DV's have about 60K on them. Are these difficult to replace and do they last. After a quick look I'm thinking they just unscrew from the big cylinder. If I do this job I get a decent sale on a second machine, b/w backup. TIA
    are u running auto gradation ??
    Drum life about 60k/70k
    Dev units = Blk-500,000k
    y/m/c/- 50,000k

needs a good PM

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    hi guys,the drum usualy cause this problem look how much life your drum got.they usualy last up to 80%.and they are do no good at that point.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR C3170

The drum is new. Sensors cleaned when drum installed. E020-0081 popped up a few weeks later. P-sens very low. Vacuumed and cleaned. Working now but it was very dirty. Customer is low volume. Drum was at 5% when I had to return.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    previosly i hve same problem like this and i fund out that transfer roller got poor transfer and makes a lot of waste toner.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi

Your developer units are overtoned. Remove all toner cartridges and do 50 to 60 PGTYPE 5 prints ( all on 255 density). Clean machine and sensors refit toner cartridges and you should be fine. Also check your ITB cleaning unit , that it does not spill waste toner onto your SALT sensor ( E020-0081).

Regards
    Gerhard

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    IR C3170

If there is a lot of toner blasting, the developer is getting weak. Replace the developers. The affected developer which in your case would probably be the magenta. There not that difficult to replace.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC