Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts I3FusionGuy's Avatar

Canon ImageRunner C3480 Imaging problems

Hey all,

I have one C3480 I support that is an oddball unit - out of my territory its one of only two Canons I have, and I've got the service manual, but I'm hoping some of you with more experience can assist me.

The Cyan and Black drums had developed lines, so I replaced them. Is there a drum reset procedure, or a manual recalibration procedure, because the image just looks horrible.

Second, the transfer belt is making a rubbing sound. I am pretty sure the waste cleaning blade needs some lube, or some padding powder. There was a ton of waste toner stuck there.

Thanks for any input!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Canon ImageRunner C3480 Imaging problems

Quote Originally Posted by I3FusionGuy View Post
    Hey all,

I have one C3480 I support that is an oddball unit - out of my territory its one of only two Canons I have, and I've got the service manual, but I'm hoping some of you with more experience can assist me.

The Cyan and Black drums had developed lines, so I replaced them. Is there a drum reset procedure, or a manual recalibration procedure, because the image just looks horrible.

Second, the transfer belt is making a rubbing sound. I am pretty sure the waste cleaning blade needs some lube, or some padding powder. There was a ton of waste toner stuck there.

Thanks for any input!
    Do a auto gradation for your image problem that should help. The transfer issue. What's the life on these parts.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Jimis67

Re: Canon ImageRunner C3480 Imaging problems

Haven't seen your issue but I am looking for a copy of the service and parts manuals for this machine if you can upload them.