Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR-2270, display dark.

Can get very cheap from a wholesaler 7 pcs of Canon IR-2270. Problem is ALL of them have a totally dark display. Some indicators on the OP-panel do light up however. Is this a standard problem or did anybody goof up something?

I'm doing mainly Minolta, Canon is not my main brand. Where to look first in case I want to solve this problem?

Hans

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post

Can get very cheap from a wholesaler 7 pcs of Canon IR-2270. Problem is ALL of them have a totally dark display. Some indicators on the OP-panel do light up however. Is this a standard problem or did anybody goof up something?

I'm doing mainly Minolta, Canon is not my main brand. Where to look first in case I want to solve this problem?

Hans
    I would check the main controller and verified that the boot, dimms,HDD are present. If so, those hardware components are usually the reason for that kind of fault. Also the main controller could be faulty.
    Do you see any E602-xxxx error codes on any of them. E602 are HDD errors.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post

Hans

u tested all these on one printer/ w same control panel ???

Technician

Re: Canon IR-2270, display dark.

i have 2270 lcd change it's brightness alone and be dark and light without any change in contrast key
    i changed key pcb and lcd touch but no respnse what can i do else? please help

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR-2270, display dark.

Quote Originally Posted by ecmcopier View Post
    i have 2270 lcd change it's brightness alone and be dark and light without any change in contrast key
    i changed key pcb and lcd touch but no respnse what can i do else? please help

1.Is the wall voltage and neutral to ground readings within specs.

2. Have u tried a different outlet

3. Try
    Re--seating the ribbon cable between the main controller and reader controller and main controller and DC controller
    Before removing the ribbon cables be sure to release the lock mechanism on the connectors.
    There is a diagram on the inside left
    wall of the controller cage with instructions on how to unlock and lock the ribbon cables.
    When reconnecting the ribbon cable, hold it straight while locking it into place.

4. Main Controller
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**