Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon CLC3900, Error message "Check power and cable"

Hi,
    Please help me with the following Error message "Check power and cable", copier won't get pass this message. Already check all cables, all good, I think.
    Thanks
    William

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by williamsluu View Post
    Hi,
    Please help me with the following Error message "Check power and cable", copier won't get pass this message. Already check all cables, all good, I think.
    Thanks
    William
    Where are you seeing this error. Is it on the fiery??
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by williamsluu View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks
    William
    Check Power and Cable Message
    any colorPASS model connected to a CLC3900 / CLC3900+ / CLC5000 / CLC5000+ / CLC4000 / CLC5100

If the colorPASS interface cable is connected, or disconnected, with the copier power on it is possible that FU5602 may be blown on the copier fuse pcb. This fuse protects the 5vdc fed to the copier interface pcb through connector J5617 pins 3 and 4 on the fuse pcb. Check these pins for 5vdc, if it is missing replace the fuse pcb on the copier, part number FG3-1397-000.
    / make sure when u power up machine the scanner is not stuck and moves under white plate to read bar code- scanner bar code may be soiled, scratched or damaged

if Check Power and Cable" Message is displayed on the Control Panel.

First, make sure all of the Accessories for the machine are plugged in properly to each other and to the machine. With good connections, proper voltage and communication signals should be present. The voltage and signals may need to be checked with a meter