Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon IR-C3220 with a C2 controller Software loading trouble

Well, I have finally found a G1/C2 system software CD for my C2 controller. I went to try to load the software. I install the cd into my laptop drive and let the Fiery installer do it's thing. But, there must be a step I am missing or forgetting. I flip the 2 dipswitches and select the ethernet connection button. It appears that the 1st set of files loads quickly. Almost too quickly. Then it does nothing else. I never get another prompt or any change in the updater window. Even if I let it set for an hour. Is there a certain IP I should set my laptop for or am I supposed to power cycle the Fiery, but the installer doesn't tell me?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar
    I always find regardless of rip type, that running from the disc is more likely to fail so drag to folder on your desktop .another observation is if it is going to work you will get prompt about your firewall - with regard to dipswitches you need to check does vary from bios wether old or new - the 1st set of files should seem to take a long time and only speed up at the end so that doesnt sound right either also no need to do anything with ip just select your network adapter - hope this helps

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR-C3220 with a C2 controller   Software loading trouble

Quote Originally Posted by tricotech1 View Post
    Well, I have finally found a G1/C2 system software CD for my C2 controller. I went to try to load the software. I install the cd into my laptop drive and let the Fiery installer do it's thing. But, there must be a step I am missing or forgetting. I flip the 2 dipswitches and select the ethernet connection button. It appears that the 1st set of files loads quickly. Almost too quickly. Then it does nothing else. I never get another prompt or any change in the updater window. Even if I let it set for an hour. Is there a certain IP I should set my laptop for or am I supposed to power cycle the Fiery, but the installer doesn't tell me?
    For a faster installation, the files can be copied from the CD to a location on the computers Hard Disk Drive. If this is done, copy the application file and the folder on the CD to a new folder on the Hard Disk Drive. Do not mix the CD files with other files on the computers Hard Disk Drive. The files may be deleted once the installation is complete.

just to add do not power on copier until u see the welcome screen from G1/C2 software

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I'm not sure about any dip switches, but I do it from the setup screen. Turn off/on main power switch to reboot everything. When you can, on the control panel press the --> tab over to the printer status screen where you will see "...Wait". Wait about 30-45 seconds and eventually you will see "Enter setup?" select yes. This is only displayed for about 5 seconds during the boot process so if you missed it reboot any try again.
    From the setup menu page down and look for "software installation". How I do it is start the downloading process on the copier then start it on the computer.
    And the smaller file is a boot file similar to a recovery disk and not necessary to dl. Just use the bigger file.

Hope this helps

[QUOTE=D_L_P;133831]I'm not sure about any dip switches, but I do it from the setup screen. Turn off/on main power switch to reboot everything. When you can, on the control panel press the --> tab over to the printer status screen where you will see "...Wait". Wait about 30-45 seconds and eventually you will see "Enter setup?" select yes. This is only displayed for about 5 seconds during the boot process so if you missed it reboot any try again.
    From the setup menu page down and look for "software installation". How I do it is start the downloading process on the copier then start it on the computer.
    And the smaller file is a boot file similar to a recovery disk and not necessary to dl. Just use the bigger file.

Hope this helps[/QUOTE

person is installing software for imagePass C2 Controller/ not machine firmware/ read his post
    u have to put dip switch in DL mode on C2

UPDATE: I suspect there might be something to do with trying to update the software from a laptop with Vista. Upon recommendation from a person at Hytek, he suggested I try all the same steps, but from an XP workstation. I did get a "unblock" prompt. Once I unblocked the firewall, the Fiery updater took right off. It only took a total of 20 minutes and the job is done. I guess I need to look at my firewall settings on my laptop with Vista. Thanks for everyone's help.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar
    vista sucks almost as bad windows me - for all sst & various other updater stuff I use a standalone ibm lenove mini laptop running xp sp3 - we know this works and as such roll out for all engineers so everyone is running identical set-ups -this eliminates sooo many problems

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Glad to hear you found a solution.

Sorry, I was giving instructions for C1 system software.

Quote Originally Posted by tricotech1 View Post
    UPDATE: I suspect there might be something to do with trying to update the software from a laptop with Vista. Upon recommendation from a person at Hytek, he suggested I try all the same steps, but from an XP workstation. I did get a "unblock" prompt. Once I unblocked the firewall, the Fiery updater took right off. It only took a total of 20 minutes and the job is done. I guess I need to look at my firewall settings on my laptop with Vista. Thanks for everyone's help.

VISTA /stinks/ when using the SST/
    good work !!!