Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon ir5000 paper keeps jamming in the fuser

I have a ir5000 and it has been running great for years, but lately it has been jamming in the fuser. I tried running card stock through the bypass and it works just fine. I tried running plain paper through the bypass and it jams every time. Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon ir5000 paper keeps jamming in the fuser

so is it jamming in the bypass of the fuser?
    If you are having plain paper jams in the fuser I would look at your delivery rollers, LFR and bearings, UFR and bushings along with the fixing web.
    If it is jamming in the bypass you need to look at that seperation roller and feed roller.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Technician 250+ Posts
    A simple thing I look at is if the paper is jaming before the fuser - check/clean the transfer/separation assembly (not to mention when was the last time the corona wires were restrung). Heavy stock is - heavy so it lays down easier. Standard paper needs to be "pulled" down or it misses the fuser "slot". Just a SWAG though.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Are you a tech or end user?
    Are you running the heavy and plain paper in the same direction?
    Do you have any jam codes?

You might have 2 issues, one with the bypass and another with the fuser. The rollers in the bypass might need replacing.

Anyway, besides replacing the fuser rollers I've only had one other somewhat common cause of jams. The one-way gear on the fuser exit (delivery) roller, part #FS7-0658-000.

Technician
    In addition to the one-way DIP mentioned, There is a gear that drives the fuser and trans belts, The "Little Monster" is about the size quarter If the gear is white it is the old style, the failure is deceptive, the gear does not round off but gets very pointy and can be easily overlooked. Canon released a new black gear. I find it hard to believe that the original gear is still working/being used but if an "INDE" has been servicing the box it may been replaced with the old style. If you have not already ruled out that option it may be worth a look. Let me know I will get you the part # if needed.
    Peace.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Where is the monster gear located please.

WHOOPS! I gave you the wrong part #, I was just looking for a different part and happen to see that gear in my case. The correct part # is FS7-0664-000.

I was looking at item #100 but for some reason gave you item #110, I guess I had a brain fart.

These gears are on the back of the fixing frame (drawer), pull it out and you can see them. The gear I gave you the part # is on the left most roller with gray tires. You can check it by holding the gear and spin the roller, it should spin freely one way and hold (no slipping) the other way.

The monster gear is the bigger of 2 gears with a skinny belt that drives the transfer bed. The bed are those super wide transport belts between the fuser and transfer corona unit. Like Goose said old is white, new is black.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I found this code. here is the code 01 0408 1139 1140 0 020f 8 32814 LTR

02Of = 02-stationary, OF-claw jam (PS4) So basically the paper is sticking to the Upper roller and crashing into the sep claws.
    Have you replaced the fuser rollers? Always put new claws in with a new roller, old ones can ruin the new roller.

99% of the time replacing the UFR, claws, bushings and bearings fixes that. 1 time I recall a newer tech accidentially set the nip extremely high. He thought those screws were for taking the fuser out.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Do you know where I can get those parts at a reasonable price? Maybe Katun? also the UFR is smooth and the LFR has lines horizontal lines on it.