Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    miguel_acedo

Problem with a Canon IR 5570 automatic paper size selection.

Hello, I hope you can help me, I have a Canon Ir 5570, I live in Mexico City so the paper size is different fron the one used in other countries, the problem is this: when I put the legal paper in the cassette 3 of the copier it recognizes it as U2, I checked the service manual and it is fine for the paper size that I have, but when I try to make a copy of a legal paper (same size of the one I have in the cassette) the copier inmediatly selects the 11x17 paper in the cassette 4, and I have to change by hand the cassette to the U2.

If I make a letter copy there is not a problem, the machine selects the cassette 1 or 2, or if I make a 11x17 copy also I have not a problem, but if a put an original bigger than an A4 page or a legal size the machine instead of select the U2 selects the 11x17.

What can I do in order that the machine selects the U2 paper instead of the 11x17 when I made a legal or an A4 copy?

Thank you.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

You can try to make adjustments in service mode.
    To enter Service Mode, press Additional Functions, the 2 and the 8 keys simultaneously, and then the Additional Functions key one more time.
    Check the door specs from the label that's located on the front door>COPIER>ADJUST>CST-ADJ-xxx
    Then go into service mode,COPIER>ADJUST>CST-ADJ and try adding those values.
    Perform the adjustment for C3 - STMTR and C3 - A4R. The values should be close to the values on the door label.
    Also pull out the cassette and see if there is paper stuck behind the cassette. Also check the cassette for damage.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miguel_acedo View Post
    Hello, I hope you can help me, I have a Canon Ir 5570, I live in Mexico City so the paper size is different fron the one used in other countries, the problem is this: when I put the legal paper in the cassette 3 of the copier it recognizes it as U2, I checked the service manual and it is fine for the paper size that I have, but when I try to make a copy of a legal paper (same size of the one I have in the cassette) the copier inmediatly selects the 11x17 paper in the cassette 4, and I have to change by hand the cassette to the U2.

If I make a letter copy there is not a problem, the machine selects the cassette 1 or 2, or if I make a 11x17 copy also I have not a problem, but if a put an original bigger than an A4 page or a legal size the machine instead of select the U2 selects the 11x17.

What can I do in order that the machine selects the U2 paper instead of the 11x17 when I made a legal or an A4 copy?

Thank you.
    in Service Mode, to change the Paper Size:

Select Copier>Option>CST

Scroll until the LCD displays p-sz-cx (Where x is the cassette number).
    Select the Cassette that you wish to change the size on and enter the number that corresponds to the paper size you wish to use.
    Select OK.
    Press Reset to exit Service Mode.

Paper Sizes and their corresponding numbers for Service Mode:
    4 = A3
    5 = A4r
    6 = A4
    8 = A5r
    13 = B4
    14 = B5r
    15 = B5
    16 = 11 x 17
    17 = LTRr
    18 = LTR
    20 = STMTr
    21 = LGL
    22 = U1
    24 = U2
    25 = U3

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    in Service Mode, to change the Paper Size:

Select Copier>Option>CST

Scroll until the LCD displays p-sz-cx (Where x is the cassette number).
    Select the Cassette that you wish to change the size on and enter the number that corresponds to the paper size you wish to use.
    Select OK.
    Press Reset to exit Service Mode.

Paper Sizes and their corresponding numbers for Service Mode:
    4 = A3
    5 = A4r
    6 = A4
    8 = A5r
    13 = B4
    14 = B5r
    15 = B5
    16 = 11 x 17
    17 = LTRr
    18 = LTR
    20 = STMTr
    21 = LGL
    22 = U1
    24 = U2
    25 = U3
    He can try this, but I think this adjustment is for the left and right paper deck, p-sz-c1, p-sz-c2
    Which should read under service mode - [18]
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

good point/

if poster has Cassette 3 set up in service mode for /U2 universal cassette , the default setting will be FLSC=Foolscap, Folio=8.27" × 13" 210m × 330m . correct ??

Just change the U2 setting value from 0 to 1 in service mode copier~fungtion~CST, then the display will change from U2 become LGL

miguel_acedo
    Hello again thank you for your help but I still have the problem, I made the changes that you told me but the system still does not recognize the size of the paper properly, the main problem is when I make a scan of a page using the automatic feeder, if I scan a mexican legal page using the automatic feeder the copier reads the page as if it were an american legal size, but when it prints the copy since the mexican legal paper is shorter the copier takes out like 2 rows of information, I guess that is because the copier tryes to print in an american legal size paper and suddenly runs out of space and stops printing, I think that I need to tell to the copier that it is not longer in the USA but in Mexico and the legal paper here is shorter, By the way we accuired a 5870 and does exactly the same. Thank you.

Technician
    Make sure that COPIER>OPTION>BODY>MODEL-SZ is set to "0".

Quote Originally Posted by kfallsken View Post
    Make sure that COPIER>OPTION>BODY>MODEL-SZ is set to "0".

Isn't it SET -COPIER>OPTION>BODY>MODEL-SZ to 1 for A4 ??

also u need to do a paper width adjust in service mode

Check this Level 2>COPIER>OPTION>BODY>SENS-CNF
    When clearing the RCON PCB, the SENS-CNF setting is restored to its default setting of ‘0’
    The SENS-CNF must be
    set to ‘1’ for North America./ it will default to 0 if u cleared RCON

did u ever check your Cover orig.RCON settings
    Last edited by teckat; 04-23-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Technician
    MODEL-SZ "0" for AB
    MODEL-SZ "1" for inch