Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    nunnery guy

Question canon IR 3100n error code E000020-0081

i am currently working on a canon IR 3100n and i'm getting the error code E000020-0081. can anyone help? ty

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi,Clean Patch Sensor first but could be faulty sensor/drum/devs etc.

Pasted from another reply

Shazza
    i have one of these damn c3100 that has eatin 2 drums when it throws the e0020-0081 code. the drum has a perfectly straight line the exact width of the mag roller. the customer has not used color much and appears to be having issues related to this. is it possible the toner and developer built up too thick and has rubbed the drum? that appears to be what is happening. man do i hate c3100s! please help. thanx

When an E020-0081 error code is displayed on the control panel (when the value of [P-SENS-P] has
    detected as being less than 255) while the background of the image on the drum is being checked upon
    power-up or recovery from sleep mode, the machine stops operation with the bias voltage applied to the
    charging roller. This leaves the charging roller mark on the drum surface.

When the imageRUNNER is activated with 50°C or lower fixing roller temperature
    and the potential of the photosensitive drum is measured at initial rotation, an E020-
    0081 occurs. The line caused by the charging roller remains on the surface of photosensitive
    drum. A modification is made, so that the charge to the charging roller is
    disabled at the emergency stop. upgrade the DCON >
    DCon 45.01
    Make sure u have Firmware 45.01 or later+