Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    zierroff

ir1610 / ir1610f scanner and harddisk

hi,

so i have this http://www.canon.de/Images/--_tcm83-20670.gif copier.
    There is installed the printer-board, network, and fax-bord.

There should be the abillity to scan to FTP, but somehow it is missing
    So how can i activate this feature?
    I tried mounting Ram on the image processor board or on the printer board but that was not the reason.
    On the printer board there are 3 expansion slots. Do i need such a card or just a newer firmeware. And how do i upgrade the firmeware?

So i have read in the service manual that i can add a Harddisk. But when i saw what canon wants for a 10GB disk .
    So i slaughter my old laptop and want to assemble the harddisk to the Printer board,
    but canon has a special connector for the disk.
    My question is it possible to add somehow a harddisk.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Scan to FTP doesn't come standard, you have to buy the universal send option.

mjarbar
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Scan to FTP doesn't come standard, you have to buy the universal send option.
    Universal Send was never an option for this machine, and neither was Scan to FTP or EMail as at the time Canon never thought of this option. These were introduced on the first 'I' machines like the iR2220i.

As for the hard disk the reason Canon has a special apapter is to stop people doing what you are trying to do, however if you have a look on ebay or put a request in the parts room on this site someone may either have an apapter or spare HDD going!!!

Not much help I know, but at least you dont have to smack your head against a wall trying to do something thats not possible.

zierroff
    thanks for your replies.

@mjarbar
    i saw this brochure at google: www.top4office.com/brochure/canon-ir1610f-brochure.pdf
    And i think, when i configure the printer right , i can scan to fax, Ifax (email).
    Scan to Ftp would be better and easier to use.

@ D_L_P

i only have an old parts catalog and service manual that i found somewhere in the internet. I looked through it but did not find an "universal send option"
    Please if you have such a catalog can you please send it to me.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    On the 1600's uni send wasn't an option but in the 1610 Scan to FTP, Scan to e-mail and I-fax does come standard. However, you will need the Printer Board N1 and the Network interface adapter iN-E5 installed for it to work.

Printer Board N1 - 7444A005AA

Network interface adapter iN-E5 - 7445A003AA

zierroff
    hi ,

@D_L_P

i have installed the Printer Board and the Network interface adapter iN-E5.
    Found something with FTP in the Remote UI, but don't know how to configure the copier.

The problem, the printer was a present, and i don't own the manual or something like that.
    So if someone has the normal manual for the Copier, the Network interface or tho Printer Board please...

zierroff
    thank you,

the scanner is working well now.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir1610 / ir1610f  scanner and harddisk

????